The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2011, 11:55 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default the greatest rod ever....

so think about your favorite rod,
i have a rod, a sage FLI 590-4, that i absolutely love
i have fished z-axis and flight and txl rods and really prefer the fli series.
so i guess the greatest fly rod is.........

WHATEVER YOU LIKE

CASEY

ARFE
Old 10-23-2011, 12:24 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the greatest rod ever....

Mine is my 15' 8/9 wt. Meiser. No doubt about it. When I finally shuffle off this mortal coil, join the choir invisible, become an ex Diver Dan, I am no more..... I want to be buried with it. If I can't take it with me, I'm not going.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:00 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Mine is a 12'9" 6 weight Anderson Custom Rods STH (Steelhead) model. It is the first rod that I cast that I did not have to find its sweet spot. It was there on the first cast.

Dennis
Old 10-23-2011, 07:07 AM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

I don't have expensive rods (well ok I just acquired a Sage VXP but I haven't fished it yet) and so far my favorite is an Orvis Clearwater II 9' 9wt tip flex for salmon fishing; other than the poor quality cork handle, this is a gorgeous rod that works wonders for me.Best part is I got it for $78.00 on the auction site.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:11 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

I have a WW Griggs Heritage rod 5wt that I really like. No an expensive rod (on sale for ~$50 with an Argus flight III reel), but it is a fiberglass/Graphite composite that is not too heavy. I own a reddington FSF 3wt that is also killer that I got on super discount at Sierra Trading post (~$70).

d
Old 10-23-2011, 08:45 AM

bigtel is a jewel in the roughbigtel is a jewel in the roughbigtel is a jewel in the rough

my favourite is my platinum xd #7 9ft6 awsome rod.

terry
Old 10-23-2011, 09:01 AM

wishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enoughwishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enough

Mine it's a toss up between my 9'9" 7wt St Croix legend ultra and my 9' 9wt Scott S3s for now..... But I'm making the leap into two handed rods so we'll see if that changes.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:25 AM

randyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to all

Hard to answer this question. Of all the rods I've owned, I'd say Loomis, GLX Classic. Great overall rod. Had good power and finesse.

Randy
Old 10-23-2011, 11:06 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

My favorite is the one in my hand as a fish fights on the other end.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:17 AM

russellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to all

That's a tough one but I choose my Sage RPL 10ft 5wt, a custom wrapped rod that can do nearly everything, except tight quarters...... I had this rod made 20 years ago and love it more every time I use it. In fact so much so that this year to honor it's twenty years of service I paired it with a new Abel Super 5N in Hi Def Brown Trout.