The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2011, 07:41 PM

monolithic is on a distinguished road
Default My wife couldn't care less but....

In the past couple of weeks I've come across some pretty great deals....my wife doesn't share my enthusiasm

Im a proud owner of a sage 00 txl for only 300 cdn (brand new)
And a Winston Biit 3 wt...brand new for 350

Only problem trout season closed sept 30 in my area so I have to wait till spring to take them out for browns...

I've been a lurker for a while figured I post something...

Mono
Old 10-28-2011, 07:48 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default Re: My wife couldn't care less but....

You'll get plenty of support here....good deals!

and welcome

Addicted To Vise
Old 10-28-2011, 08:03 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Welcome to the board Mono!

Wives seldom feel the thrill of a new rod, some do and some buy their own. Me, I'm happy to hear you have some new rods to use, keep posting buddy.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-28-2011, 09:08 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

welcome mono!
you got yourself a couple of beauties there and good deals as well.
i will also add that my wife has acquired a keen eye for cardboard tubes arriving in the post

casey

ARFE
Old 10-28-2011, 10:11 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

The UPS guy comes to my house so often with long, 3" diameter tubes that he's started writing me messages about HIS fishing exploits on them! Have a good time on this forum, and remember the rule of fair play: one for me, one for her, one for me, one for her. Of course, do as I say, not as I do.
Gary
Old 10-28-2011, 10:15 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree Casey, anything that comes in the mail for me is considered good money thrown away. But I have to admit, it is rather fun to say it was on sale and tell them (wife and 2 daughters) how much money I saved them.

Dave
Old 10-28-2011, 10:42 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Mono: You have a couple of great rods there, be sure to post your fishing adventures when the season opens, and good luck with the wife!

Larry

Larry
Old 10-28-2011, 10:58 PM

diamond rush is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond rush is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond rush is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond rush is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond rush is a glorious beacon of light

Where are you that the season closes on Sept. 30th? The only places I know that work that way are Minnesota and Wisconsin. And here in MN, the season opens back up Jan 1st for a catch and release barbless season on select streams in the SE. If you're waiting that long, you need to explore alternatives!
Old 10-28-2011, 11:27 PM

tortillajesus is on a distinguished road

Looks like he lives in Canukistan. I agree, thats pretty harsh! I don't know what I would do with myself.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:39 PM

monolithic is on a distinguished road

Southern Ontario Canada...Trout is over till spring...bass ends in about a month but the steelhead are open for a while yet..just the new rods are way under gunned for a big lake run steelhead...

Funny thing with the wife, she paid the duty at our door...thought the Winston was something for her....hahaha...I guess I should pay her back....