The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2011, 12:25 AM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni
Default Re: I watched trout feeding for 30 minutes!!!

o mykiss you have good nerves
I couldnt stand like that for 3 minutes and sure I will forgot to eat
Old 11-05-2011, 05:33 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

I've done similiar,watching Fish moving up & down Lakes as well as Rivers feeding then catching or trying to catch them however it's always been after work or on the weekends as I've never been fortunate to have had a job where I could fish in either the Lunch Hour or Working Time.
Brian.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:58 AM

flyfisher45 has a spectacular aura aboutflyfisher45 has a spectacular aura aboutflyfisher45 has a spectacular aura about

I wish I could get a lunch break like that, Thank you for sharing. Beautiful fish.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!Beautiful fishit's fascinating to watch trout feeding.Thanks for sharing
Looks like the trout had a lunch....break too
Old 11-05-2011, 04:00 PM

rockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of light

And I sat in my truck eating a peanut butter and banana on whole wheat. Who said life isn't fair? Of course, I could have retired for the second time 7 years ago.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:36 AM

o mykiss is a jewel in the rougho mykiss is a jewel in the rougho mykiss is a jewel in the rougho mykiss is a jewel in the rough

thanks for the comments everyone.

winter's right around the corner.... snow and frozen rivers are on the way.... it's kind of sad to think i'll be spending my lunch breaks indoor for the next few months or more.....
Old 11-07-2011, 10:45 AM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Man! Your catch involved observation, matching what the trout were feeding on, using a nymph without an indicator (that would've spoked them), and the ZZZZING of a click/pawl reel...and of course a gorgeous rainbow! That's about as close to perfect as it gets.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:17 AM

o mykiss is a jewel in the rougho mykiss is a jewel in the rougho mykiss is a jewel in the rougho mykiss is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankB2 View Post
Oh Man! Your catch involved observation, matching what the trout were feeding on, using a nymph without an indicator (that would've spoked them), and the ZZZZING of a click/pawl reel...and of course a gorgeous rainbow! That's about as close to perfect as it gets.
thanks frank! not having to go back to work would have made it PERFECT... and a flask of wild turkey.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the great fish and the patience to observe what the fish were feeding on and then presenting them with the perfect offering, very well done indeed! Sure wish I could do something like that over lunch, you are indeed blessed!

Larry

Old 11-09-2011, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Congrats on the great fish and the patience to observe what the fish were feeding on and then presenting them with the perfect offering, very well done indeed! Sure wish I could do something like that over lunch, you are indeed blessed!

Larry
thanks larry.
the olive scud was just a guess.... i normally use that pattern for lakes.
what i would have really liked to use was a water boatman fly but i didn't have one on me.