The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2007, 05:26 PM

Colorado Cajun is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Float Tube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
Okay in my defence...this is the old man's and he loves to cook and quit smoking...so that explains the Light. If this was my boat it would have a couple bottle of Agavero Tequila....OKAY!? LOL

The things that women will blame on their old man, I just don't believe it!
Just kidding! A couple of bottles! WOW! Half a bottle and I'd be taking a nap on the lake.

Give a man a fish, he will have dinner. Teach a man to fish and he will be late for dinner. Quote by Someone. *L*
Old 05-26-2007, 10:06 AM

tbrillinger223 is on a distinguished road

I am just surprised that float tubes can hold that much hopps and barley products (or mexican cactus juice) as well as your gear.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:10 AM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Float Tube

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrillinger223 View Post
I am just surprised that float tubes can hold that much hopps and barley products (or mexican cactus juice) as well as your gear.

The good news is we don't consume it all while on the water....too hard to find a designated driver LOL
Old 05-26-2007, 10:37 AM

tbrillinger223 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
The good news is we don't consume it all while on the water....too hard to find a designated driver LOL
thats a good thing, if you did probably end up paddling in circles or something

cant use float tubes much around here.... gators, sharks, y'know those kinda things
Old 05-28-2007, 07:15 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYBYNIGHT View Post
Any Advice On An Open Front Float Tube Vs Closed. It Seems The Open Version Shold Be Easier To Mount.
Thanks
Donut tubes have gone the way of the Vega, Chevette, Mavrick, Gremlin etc.
You still can find some around real cheap. Mainly because not that many people buy them anymore. Just like neoprene waders.
Depending on how much fishing you're going to do from it should determine (along with your budget) what you should get. If you plan to do a lot of fishing from one, get the best you can get. Thickest cloth, urethane bladder (which will boost your capacity), Halkey Roberts valves. Super Fat Cat, H3 (for the best of the best).
Or if you're going to use it once in a while, ODC and Outcast make a decent vee boat made in China for a good price. Check cabelas.com. They have a lot of name brands.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:09 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Joni,
See if you can find the Reposado Sotol from Hacienda De Chihuahua up in yer parts. Its my latest favorite discovery in the Tequila genre and the stuff is wonderful. Its a Mezcal, though not actually a Tequila, but is made from a plant in the same family as Agave.

Its so smooth, you might wanna take 3 bottles, HA!

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.