The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2011, 07:03 PM

iciclecreek will become famous soon enoughiciclecreek will become famous soon enough
Default Parachute and wing holder?

I am looking for one of those "things" that hooks onto the vise and holds the parachute or wing up. I tie a ton of parachute adams because they catch fish. Do any of you have one and how are they? What web site can i find one? I have a Peak vise so i don't know if there is one that will fit all vises of what.
Thanks, fish on!
-sno

Last edited by iciclecreek; 11-10-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:06 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parachute and wing holder?

Yes, they do help, and they give you a free hand to work with rather than trying to hold the post upward with one hand and wrapping with the other.

Here's a link for making one on your own.
DIY Gallows Tool about $2.00 ! Pictures included

Another link for buying one.
Hackle Fly Tying Tool / Gallows Parachute Tool -- Orvis

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 11-10-2011, 08:24 PM

iciclecreek will become famous soon enoughiciclecreek will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
Yes, they do help, and they give you a free hand to work with rather than trying to hold the post upward with one hand and wrapping with the other.

Here's a link for making one on your own.
DIY Gallows Tool about $2.00 ! Pictures included

Another link for buying one.
Hackle Fly Tying Tool / Gallows Parachute Tool -- Orvis
Thanks, for your responce!
Old 11-11-2011, 07:09 AM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of

Here are two more from Dyna King and Renzetti:

Feather-Craft Fly Fishing | Fly Fishing Rods, Reels, Waders, Flies, Fly Tying Materials | Sage Rods | Simms Waders | Since 1955

RENZETTI PARACHUTE ATTACHACHMENT WITH BACKDROP - The Trout Shop

PT/TB

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/