The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2007, 02:30 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Utah....Godda love it!

I had to drop the "U" bomb.

The past few weeks it has been in the upper 80's and lower 90's.

We had a wind advisory out last night (I think it came from Idaho LOL) they advised taking even small dogs inside. We're not in Kansas TOTO.

Anyway, got lottsa wind but today....well more snow in the mountains and raining Cat's and I guess those small dogs that someone forgot to take indoors.

Temp. well a blustery 42 here...how is that for trying to adjust to the heat!

Things are looking good for the water supply here now however.

BRRRRRRRR I feel like I am at Henry's Lake again!
Old 06-06-2007, 07:49 PM

tbrillinger223 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Utah....Godda love it!

wow joni, thats no fun.

if it makes you feel any better its been in the mid to low 90's the last couple of days and the humidity is around 80-90%. It has rained for the last 4 days. at 6:30 in the morning its steiflingly hot!

p.s. could you send some cooler weather, its too hot!!
Old 06-06-2007, 10:02 PM

Yoffione is on a distinguished road

Weather has been chilly, Joni. No problem, I am headed out for south FL tomorrow for 6 days of kayak mangrove fishing and two days of big tarpon. When I get back, stones on the south fork. Warmer days are right around the corner.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:09 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrillinger223 View Post
wow joni, thats no fun.

if it makes you feel any better its been in the mid to low 90's the last couple of days and the humidity is around 80-90%. It has rained for the last 4 days. at 6:30 in the morning its steiflingly hot!

p.s. could you send some cooler weather, its too hot!!
YOU ARE RIGHT! I will stick with the sudden cold spell. We do get humidity here but nothing like that. Was in Texas and the Humidity was killing me.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:17 PM

STARMedic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
YOU ARE RIGHT! I will stick with the sudden cold spell. We do get humidity here but nothing like that. Was in Texas and the Humidity was killing me.
Ive noticed here in the summer that it gets so hot that even the buildings creek and complain from it....

Tack on my work uniform being full turn out gear and lid and no matter whether its 104 or 46 degrees I always seem to sweat.....

I thought eastern Africa was hot.....then I moved to Texas.....

Bruce
Old 06-07-2007, 08:55 PM

tbrillinger223 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoffione View Post
Weather has been chilly, Joni. No problem, I am headed out for south FL tomorrow for 6 days of kayak mangrove fishing and two days of big tarpon. When I get back, stones on the south fork. Warmer days are right around the corner.
Where are you heading to when you get down here?
Old 06-09-2007, 10:29 PM

greenriverflyfisher is on a distinguished road

Joni,
I have to add a great quote from a few days back. "Thanks Ryan, I always wanted to fish the green in the winter." I love Utah!!! Hit the ramp at 88 degrees one day and 38 degrees the next.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenriverflyfisher View Post
Joni,
I have to add a great quote from a few days back. "Thanks Ryan, I always wanted to fish the green in the winter." I love Utah!!! Hit the ramp at 88 degrees one day and 38 degrees the next.
WOW! but how was the fishing LOL
Old 06-11-2007, 10:39 PM

greenriverflyfisher is on a distinguished road

The catching was great, wasn't a lot fishing going on. The fish kept on eating cicadas through the wind and snow. Pretty wierd throwing big dry flies in a snowstorm.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenriverflyfisher View Post
The catching was great, wasn't a lot fishing going on. The fish kept on eating cicadas through the wind and snow. Pretty wierd throwing big dry flies in a snowstorm.

I heard the hatch has been awesome this year. Right on and Tight lines.