The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 03:54 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold
Default I offically look like a fly fisher..

After weeks of saying I am getting waders I finally did it. I picked of the simms freestones and a redhead wade boot. so no I can get back to fishing with out going numb!! it wont be till next week I get to try them, as the park I fish is closed this weekend for a gun hunt. but Im ready to hunt trout in more comfort now!
mike
Old 11-16-2011, 05:36 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I offically look like a fly fisher..

Mbphotos

I got my first pair of waders a few weeks ago and the difference defies description... You are in for a real treat.

Dave
Old 11-16-2011, 05:48 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

I wear waders when it's 90 degrees. It's hot, but there are leeches in my favorite smallmouth stream. I've had them attached to my boots and waders when leaving the stream....
Old 11-16-2011, 06:16 PM

jimbojo will become famous soon enoughjimbojo will become famous soon enough

In fly fishing, like golf, some times looking the part is half the battle I have my waders, boots, vest, a couple vented fishing shirts, lucky fishing hat. shoot all I need is one of those cool neck lanyard and I will have the full cub scout uniform going.....hahhahaha

Jimbo
Old 11-16-2011, 06:28 PM

mrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to behold

I hear ya, after my feet went numb this past weekend, I bought the new Redington Sonicseam zip-front waders. Hopefully I'll stay dry, warm, and be able to pee easily!

"Chance favors the well prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur
Old 11-16-2011, 07:31 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

just wait I gotta funny photo to post , I wont have it till tomarrow. right now My cheapest large item in the ff game has been my rod and reel, which was used,, it doubled in value once I put new line on it.. but dont think I didnt look at new 8wts while I was at bps white river shop. maybe for next season. Ill have my camera with me first time out with the waders and report back of corse.

oh.. also picked up some cool flys while I was there.
mike
Old 11-16-2011, 07:58 PM

siskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nice

Congrats! I was lucky enough to get some hand me down gear from some friends starting out so I had the problem of looking like I knew what I was doing when I didn't have a clue. Can't imagine fishing without waders this time of year.

Steelheader's Anonymous.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:09 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbojo View Post
shoot all I need is one of those cool neck lanyard and I will have the full cub scout uniform going.....hahhahaha
Do you mean uniform as in this?

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:15 PM

jimbojo will become famous soon enoughjimbojo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoscaPescador View Post
Do you mean uniform as in this?

Hahahhaaha, that is it, how did you get my picture, although it had to be from a few years ago....

Jimbo
Old 11-17-2011, 10:03 PM

here it is offfical. hats not mine, shirts not mine but it seemed to fit the look haha. not sure it next week Ill get to fish, it is dark now when I get off work for there is only to time slots a week for fish now.