The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 07:21 PM

russellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to all
Default .....enough fish

Its been a great season. To be honest I really don't have a season per se, more of a transition from waders to wet wading and then back to waders. In any case it has been a good year with many memorable days and lots of fish caught.

Over the course of the year I have been privileged to land a few beautiful browns on dry flies, some amazing wild rainbows on hoppers and today a couple nice cutthroats. On the warm water side I had a few crazy white bass days that left shoulders sore and some mildly productive yet beautiful floats for smallmouth.

When I wasn't catching fish I got the chance to watch the native fisherman- that is, the bald eagles and blue herons apply their crafts. Some days I really felt like a complete novice in the shadow of their skills- other times I wasn't sure how the specie survives.

Throughout this season and to be truthful the past several, I have began to change a bit. Gone are the days where I spend hours and hours on the water. Now I enjoy the solitude of the drive to the river, spending around four hours fishing and then the relaxing drive back to reality.

Today was the perfect example. After a busy week I noticed that the Army Corps of Engineers was relaxing the flow on the Norfork River in Arkansas. Bright and early I left for the couple hour drive. My first cast landed on the cold clear waters of the Norfork at around 8:30am and by noon I had caught enough fish, what a great way to end the season.

PS- I'm not really ending the season I'm just now wearing waders on a regular basis.... I'll be chasing wild rainbows tomorrow as the cloudy cold weather promises to bring on a BWO hatch
Old 11-16-2011, 07:53 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: .....enough fish

A wonderful year end report Russell. Hopefully we will be able to meet in the near future and do some fishing together.

Dave
Old 11-16-2011, 07:59 PM

russellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to all
Default Re: .....enough fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
A wonderful year end report Russell. Hopefully we will be able to meet in the near future and do some fishing together.

Dave

I certainly hope so Dave, I was eyeing the generation ( or lack thereof) of the Little Red today before I headed to the Norfork. Perhaps sometime we could meet on the Norfork or the White, as that is kind of halfway between us.

Russ