The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2005, 12:10 PM

Cliff Hilbert will become famous soon enoughCliff Hilbert will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Float Tubes in Texas

Hahahahahahahaha!!!

LSU TIGERS!
Old 03-24-2005, 12:27 PM
Chris Hewett will become famous soon enoughChris Hewett will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Bryson
There he goes again.......
Sorry guys. I really think you mis-interpreted my dry and bizarre sense of humor as a personal attack. It was not, in any way, intended for that and I should have just stayed out of your personal reference bantering. I have promised to do so and hope you can accept the apology as it is intended.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:41 PM
Administrator

Fish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Fish Bones

Slamo... no apology needed. Several of us made some posts regarding Cliff's comments that might have been taken the wrong way. For those of you that missed it… I had to delete a few posts last night, including some of my own, that could have been construed as an attack. What started as an entertaining and educational thread quickly turned a bit touchy.

Cliff Hilbert and I are friends... we poke fun at each other all of the time. He's an active member of our Tyler fly fishing club and he and other club members constantly exchange blows. He is an LSU grad... so he and all of the Texas A&M and Arkansas grads go at it all of the time. He has made it clear more than once that he would like to leave our little heaven on earth. We rib him about that too. Now... he certainly ruffled a few feathers when he said "Redneck Tyler East Texas" but I can forgive him for that. He's an opinionated cuss and he'll be the first to admit it.

So Cliff... see what you stirred up??? I'll extend my offer to you again... When can I help you pack???

Old 03-24-2005, 02:39 PM

Cliff Hilbert will become famous soon enoughCliff Hilbert will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Float Tubes in Texas

As soon as I find a good business management or sales consulting job in a real city, lol - and I hope that'll be very, very soon. The only thing I'll miss about East Texas will be ......, uh, uh, uh... I can't think of anything.

Salmo, Gordon and I are good friends and fishing buddies and we kid each other all the time. Why, just last week on the way to Beavers Bend I reminded him of how shameful it was for Mack Brown to go begging on national TV in order to get UT in a BCS bowl game.

LSU TIGERS!