The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2011, 09:26 PM

lthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Impromptu NC fishing trip

Hey fellas! Happy Turkey day! I am trying to plan a very very impromptu fishing trip for saturday or sunday. Looking for some river or streams to fish around the Asheville area. I am not looking for anyone's honey hole or anything like that. Just looking for some water to hook up in.

-Ian
Old 11-24-2011, 11:26 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Impromptu NC fishing trip

Ian, I bet when people from the area see this they'll be more than happy to JOIN you, rather than just share information. I know if I had the option to fish with a forum member over the holiday weekend I'd do it! Unfortunately, Asheville is a bit of a haul for me, but if you want to head on back up to your old stomping grounds for some big 'uns, I've been told/shown that the laker bite is on.... I was up late cooking though and slept through fishing this morning Good luck in the search!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 11-24-2011, 10:31 PM

lthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of light

AJ-

You're killing me talking about the fishing up there! The wife and I are talking about heading up there in the spring. So far no info from anyone in the area about fishing in Asheville, no worries though. I've done some digging and found the stretch of water that I am going to fish.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2011, 12:32 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Impromptu NC fishing trip

Hope the fishing goes well, maybe I'll see you in the spring! Either way, it's pretty water in the area you're headed for sure!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...