The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2011, 03:51 PM

caberguy will become famous soon enoughcaberguy will become famous soon enough
Default My new outfit

My new 4 wt outfit is essentially complete (though not entirely in my possession yet), I was working my bargain mojo:

Rod: G Loomis GL2 7' 6" 4wt

Reel: Orvis BBS II (this may go back as I'm thinking I might want something I can run on both a 4wt and a 6wt if I get one in the future, but I had a $25 off coupon)

Line: SA Supra WF4F ($25 at Amazon) and SA Dacron #20 backing

Waders: Allen Co. Blue River Breathable Waders (I've never heard of them, and couldn't find much info on them, and there's a good chance I'll have squeeze my giant feet into them, but Amazon had them for $33 marked down from $180... seriously $33 with free supersaver shipping)

Almost there...
Old 11-27-2011, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: My new outfit

Sounds like you're getting it together without breaking the bank. Welcome to the forum, I don't remember saying that before so I'll say it now

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-27-2011, 04:56 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

I opened this post with some trepidation as I did NOT want to see you in a kilt! Setup sounds great, my all-around small stream rig is a 7.5 4WT with a Supra on it. Great price on the waders too! milt.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:02 PM

caberguy will become famous soon enoughcaberguy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by milt spawn View Post
I opened this post with some trepidation as I did NOT want to see you in a kilt!
Fair enough... lucky for you neither of my kilts are new.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:13 PM

lthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of light

Nice setup without having to sell a kidney on the black market to finance it . to the forum
Old 11-27-2011, 08:42 PM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

Where did you find the Blue River Breathable's for only $33??? The best Amazon price that I can find for them is $116! $33 is a steal!!!

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 11-27-2011, 10:14 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

No kidding. Heck, even if you only wore those waders a handful of times, you've gotten your moneys worth! Beats the $3-400+ that some of us spend on waders.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:03 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

We may have to appoint you as the forum's head bargain hunter! I'm impressed. Welcome to the forum.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:26 AM

flyfisher45 has a spectacular aura aboutflyfisher45 has a spectacular aura aboutflyfisher45 has a spectacular aura about

Definately great deals. to the forum
Old 11-28-2011, 07:16 AM

kibby is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
We may have to appoint you as the forum's head bargain hunter! I'm impressed. Welcome to the forum.
I agree. We should have a stickied "daily bargain thread" where people could alert everyone to great deals.