The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2011, 03:01 PM

vitesse304 has a spectacular aura aboutvitesse304 has a spectacular aura about
Default It's officially winter to me!

Every year my winter starts with my 1st turns on the mountain and a visit to some tailwaters for winter fishing.

Generally this starts around Thanksgiving, and I had the opportunity to fish two tailwaters over the holiday week!

Although the skiing wasn't that great...(two ski related deaths already in Colorado!) The fishing was great and I can't wait until it gets colder!

Anybody out there live for the winter like me? Don't get me wrong, I love summers but give me a cold winter day with the snow falling and I'm standing knee deep in a tailwater and I'm happy as a clam.

Last edited by Hardyreels; 11-29-2011 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Removed Invite to visit blog
Old 12-03-2011, 02:42 PM

johnjac is on a distinguished road
Default Re: It's officially winter to me!

I'd have to agree 100% with you, i live near crested butte, CO and it is snowing right now! I can't wait to get out there.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:03 PM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold

caught 3 little browns in town yesterday, skied powder today
Old 12-03-2011, 05:29 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

It's been oficially winter here for a while now. The river is a solid sheet of ice. They already have a few ice houses out. I have heard of guys already crossing 4 Mile Bay on 4 wheelers. No fly fishing for me till spring. Unless of course I go on vacation to a much warmer area.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:33 PM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future

It's definiitely winter here. I've been wearing a flannel shirt all afternoon out in the wind.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:36 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it was -5 degrees here in Pinedale, WY this morning, it snowed about 4 inches yesterday. I had lots of chores to do around the house today, can't wait to get out and it the tailwaters.

Larry

Old 12-04-2011, 06:20 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Teens this morning, but supposed to warm to 40 during the day, we will see. If the winds dont pick up, I may try to hit the river today.

d

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.