The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By mcnerney

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2007, 02:15 PM

djneblett is on a distinguished road
Question Hi Guys! This lady needs your help!

My husband has sent me on a wild goose chase for a pair of fishing booties to replace his old ones. Now, here is where yall (yes I am from Texas) come in! The old pair has a insignia on it ,"SL" and I have no idea what company this stands for & he can't remember either, but he said he would know it if he heard it. Do any of you have a clue what company "SL" is?

Also, these boots are neoprene flats wade fishing booties.

C'mon guys, I know you can do it!!!
Thanks!!
Jessica
Old 06-26-2007, 06:59 PM

bonefish41 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Hi Guys! This lady needs your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djneblett View Post
My husband has sent me on a wild goose chase for a pair of fishing booties to replace his old ones. Now, here is where yall (yes I am from Texas) come in! The old pair has a insignia on it ,"SL" and I have no idea what company this stands for & he can't remember either, but he said he would know it if he heard it. Do any of you have a clue what company "SL" is?

Also, these boots are neoprene flats wade fishing booties.

C'mon guys, I know you can do it!!!
Thanks!!
Jessica
Jessica

well if this is for a surprise gift then go to your local fly shop, bass pro, cabelas and get him a gift certificate for the price of a neoprene flats boot they are all made in china and are essentially the same then let him fit it...step up a notch in price and a simms flats boot is better and more durable..i have been flats fishing for more than 30 years and I like the simms the best..had probably ten pair of the neoprene type... your fly fishing husband is letting you actually buy his toys??
Old 06-26-2007, 08:00 PM

djneblett is on a distinguished road

puuulease...not even close!! That would be like me asking him to go buy me a pair of great jeans...NOT.

He totally knows about it, but they are so old he forgot what company the "S" and the "L" stood for!

Any thoughts??
Old 09-25-2013, 06:41 AM
Business Member

flyfishusa is on a distinguished road

Not all wading socks are made in China, and forget the big box stores! Get him these Simms Neoprene Wading Socks and he won't be disappointed

The Fly Fishing Shop
Welches, OR
800-266-3971
www.flyfishusa.com
Old 09-25-2013, 06:52 AM

fq13 is just really nicefq13 is just really nicefq13 is just really nicefq13 is just really nice

There's a company called Taimen (Chinese I'm guessing since the taimen is a Mongolian super trout). Anyway they make a series of boots called SL and also make boots and waders for Simms. As a previous poster said, most of this stuff is probably made in the same Chinese factory. Here's a link.

Waders, Wading Boots, Fly Fishing, Taimen
Old 09-25-2013, 07:43 AM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold

I havent heard of SL. Did some online searching with no resuts that match the description. Can you take a picture of them and post it? I totaly get it that he wants the same boots. Kinda like that old t shirt or undies, theres just something about it that makes it exclusive.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:49 AM

trout trekker is a name known to alltrout trekker is a name known to alltrout trekker is a name known to alltrout trekker is a name known to alltrout trekker is a name known to alltrout trekker is a name known to all

Hi Jessica,

Sorry to tell you this, but the company ( SL ) StreamLine has been out of business many years. At one time they were neck & neck with Simms in the neoprene wader market, they also made booties, hand warmers, wading socks etc.

Simms, Orvis & Cabela's all sell booties.

Best of luck, TT
Old 09-25-2013, 09:31 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you guys realize that Jessica posted that original request back in 2007, I'm sure she has found a gift for the hubby by now.

Larry
fyshstykr, jpbfly and jaybo41 like this.

Larry
Old 09-25-2013, 09:40 AM

trout trekker is a name known to alltrout trekker is a name known to alltrout trekker is a name known to alltrout trekker is a name known to alltrout trekker is a name known to alltrout trekker is a name known to all

No I didn't see that Larry and here I am surfing the sponsors sites putting together a list of links to booties......
Got a little egg on my face this time.

Oh well ! TT
Old 09-25-2013, 09:53 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by trout trekker View Post
No I didn't see that Larry and here I am surfing the sponsors sites putting together a list of links to booties......
Got a little egg on my face this time.

Oh well ! TT
No biggie, you still provided some great info for the other members who might be looking for booties! I've been thinking about getting a pair myself for use on the pontoon boat. The wading boots are too large to use with fins, so I have getting by with an old pair of Keen shoes but they are about on their last leg.

Larry

Larry