The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2005, 09:37 AM
Administrator

Fish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Fish Bones
Default You Might be a Fly Fishing Bum if…

You Might be a Fly Fishing Bum if…

OK… let us turn to the lighter side of fly fishing for a while. I’m sure all of you have seen Jeff Foxworthy and/or the Blue Collar Comedy guys. Jeff’s claim to fame has been his famous “You Might be a Redneck” routine. I think its time the NAFFF members develop their own list for “You Might a Fly Fishing Bum”. So everyone pitch in and give us your own list. Please keep it friendly and clean.

For Example:

- If you have ever tied a fly from a piece your wife’s hair that you cut while she was asleep… You Might be a Fly Fishing Bum

- If you have a container of stink bait in your freezer… You Might be a Fly Fishing Bum

- If your worst fear is that, when you die, your wife will sell your fly fishing gear for what you said you paid for it… You Might be a Fly Fishing Bum
Attached Images
File Type: jpg knee deep.jpg (13.2 KB, 75 views)

Old 03-24-2005, 10:01 AM
Curtis will become famous soon enoughCurtis will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Curtis
Default Re: You Might be a Fly Fishing Bum if…

If your dog is missing chunks of hair and your kids are traumatized by it (actual case in my house right now) you might be a Fly Fishing Bum.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:13 PM

royalcutt will become famous soon enoughroyalcutt will become famous soon enough

If nobody can get a hold of you, but they don't have to guess where your at you might be a fly fishing bum. If you wake up in the morning and look at forums like this before you read the paper or check your email you might be a fly fishing bum.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:15 PM

Fish Boy will become famous soon enoughFish Boy will become famous soon enough

- - If you get up at 6:00am because that's the only time you can watch the fly fishing shows on ESPN2 - You Might Be a Fly Fishing Bum

- - If you use the Cabela's Fly Fishing Catalog to pass the time away while your sitting on the pot - You Might Be a Fly Fishing Bum

- - If you display a fly fishing calendar - You Might Be a Fly Fishing Bum
Old 03-28-2005, 12:53 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

You guys are amazing, I actually had the idea to create this thread while I was fishing today, but y'all beat me to it.

here's my contributions:

If the Cabelas catalog is one of 12 catalogs and 8 fly fishing magazines in a basket next to your porcelain throne of choice...

If most of the times you find yourself saying, "I've never been this damn cold in my life" you're fishing and you just keep on fishing...

If you squirt sunblock on the back of one hand and then rub it in with the back of the other hand so as to not get it on your flyline...(look like a damn seal doing that one)

If you see a live road runner up close for the first time and want the pelt...

And, If you have your teacher-wife scouting materials at the craft/hobby store...

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:05 AM
Curtis will become famous soon enoughCurtis will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCliff

If you squirt sunblock on the back of one hand and then rub it in with the back of the other hand so as to not get it on your flyline...(look like a damn seal doing that one)
LOL! I usually use a harmons bag or something to put over my hand while I apply and if I don't have one, I just burn. I cannot bring myself to risk a ruined fly line over skin cancer.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:10 PM

Goomer will become famous soon enoughGoomer will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Goomer Send a message via MSN to Goomer Send a message via Yahoo to Goomer
Smile Re: You Might be a Fly Fishing Bum if…

We were visiting Yellowstone a few years back, waiting for Old Faithful to impress us.
We had already been to the park office & learned to stay away from bears & buffalo (bison). There was a small herd of bison near the benches around Old Faithful, grazing & generally ignoring the tourists.

My youngest son, about 9 years old at the time, disappeared from view.
His mother, (being xenophopic, buffalophobic, bearphobic, and a lot of other phobics), insisted on looking for him, instead of waiting for him to show up on his own.
We found him.

He had been stalking the buffalo/bison & waiting for them to leave the area.

He wanted some buffalo hair for dubbing, badly enough to scare his mother (and me) to get it.

I found out later, it was illegal to possess, but I think we still have some.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:56 PM
Administrator

Fish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Fish Bones

So...

- If you want some buffalo hair for dubbing, badly enough to stalk buffalo and scare your mother to get it.... you might be a fly fishing bum.

Old 04-03-2005, 06:01 PM

birddogs will become famous soon enoughbirddogs will become famous soon enough

If you die your belly button hair to match the hatch.... ( wish I could take credit for this one, but I can't, it's a friends comment.) LOL
Old 04-03-2005, 06:19 PM

fshfanatic will become famous soon enough

If you have ever "Shaved your dog" you maybe ...............

If you have ever "harvested materials" to tie the famous "poop chute parachute" you may be a .......