The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2007, 09:03 PM

xjguy07 is on a distinguished road
Default anyone ever do any fishing in Green Ridge State Park?

it's in western maryland, i'm going out their the weekend of july 14 with some friends to go camping. i think im gonna be the only one fishing so im' trying to see if anyone here can give me some tips or good places to fish? it's been pretty warm lately, so i think it will be hard to catch fish but i'm still gonna try lol.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:05 PM

2bonthewater is on a distinguished road
Default Re: anyone ever do any fishing in Green Ridge State Park?

the north branch of the potomac is the place to fish.........it is fueled by a bottom release of cold water from Randolph Jennings reservoir (maybe Jennings Randolph)........the water has a great temp year around.........and there are some monster fish to be caught.........C + R area in Barnum...........just about a mile or so........then there is some put and take water.......then C + R water again............then you will hit were Savage River enters the creek..........the Potomac is some Big Water.......wade safely...there are some MONSTER BROWN TROUT..........and some MONSTER rainbow trout...........when in college, we electroshocked parts of the river.......simply amazing fish..........I nymph alot.........and that is what I caught most of my fish on.........I fished really big leech patterns.....or larger Hares Ear nymphs..........caddis patterns in all life stages work well.........there are plenty of fish in the Barnum area..........I can't remember much else........well I do, just not as detailed as the info would need to be to help you.............other streams in the general area: Savage River, Youghiogheny River, Casselman River.........have fun.....

2bonthewater