The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2011, 12:06 AM

wilky is a jewel in the roughwilky is a jewel in the roughwilky is a jewel in the rough
Default im coming back

well after a long and busy year i am finally getting sometme to get back on here sorry for the long absense and hello to all the new guys who dont know me. i havent had a chance to get out fishing once this year dosent help that i still dont have a replacment rod since i left mine back in scotland lol although my friend did send me my old cheapy reel (better than nothing and has landed some good fish) i am hopefully going to buy some replacement materials (stupid customs wouldnt allow me to bring them with me but allowed my flies freaking idiots ) sorry they took all but my threads even my head cement,, i have missed fishing badly keep dreaming about getting to the river but i cant fish in 15-20 degree temps finger become numb quick ,
But good news its winter and i can always tie up some new patterns i have been seeing at work and after christmas i have been allowed a new rod by the mrs's only bonus with my work are the proforms i get i am thinkin of getting a New Hardy rod and Reel and some Simms G4Z waders as a christmas present to me and the lack of fishing i got this year lol
Any how i am going to be here a little more often till i am on here alot again lol
any ways its great to be back
vince
Old 12-08-2011, 12:18 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default re: im coming back

welcome back!

casey

ARFE
Old 12-08-2011, 01:11 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Welcome back, Vince! Sorry I got dragged away from the chatbox, hope you get a chance to get out fishing soon!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 12-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Vincent,

You know I missed your photos and stories about the small streams you had discovered. A Hardy rod sounds good to me, I would love to have one. Alas there are already too many rods waiting in the wings to fish every year and I just can't justify another even though I am intrigued by the new Hardy's. I am however eyeballing the 14' 9 weight Hardy / Grey's Spey rod, I only have one Spey rod

Welcome back,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-08-2011, 10:22 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully you'll get time to put the gear to good use in the not so distant future. As you alluded to, when you can't, tying and daydreaming about using those flies are the next best things. Welcome back!
Old 12-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back Vince....hope we can meet you again soon on the chat
Old 12-08-2011, 10:59 AM

raindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud of

Vince, Good to hear from you again. I have been busy and my time here- and on the water has been shorter than I might like-- but that's life. I have thought of you a handful of times when I log on-- just wanted to say hi. Hope you find time to cast to some good fish when the weather allows.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Vince: Great to have you back posting! Sorry to hear about the issue with customs. Strange how they work sometimes. A couple weeks ago I sent JP a box of fly tying materials and he received them just fine, but I was worried none the less, just never sure what they will let through.

Larry

Old 12-08-2011, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi wilky,

Nice hearing from you again. It is a shame that sometimes life gets in the way of our fishing.

Frank