The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2011, 01:19 AM

FlyFlinger2421 will become famous soon enoughFlyFlinger2421 will become famous soon enough
Default Gudebrod back in business!

As you may know, Gudebrod went out of business. Some of their employees bought the equipment and have begun manufacturing threads, braided monofilament and lead core braided mono., etc. It is being produced under the Wel-tec name.
For more information and orders, contact Virginia at vzohner@wel-tec.com.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:47 AM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future
Default Re: Gudebrod back in business!

Thanks for the info. That's great news, and exactly what this country needs - lots of small businesses and fewer multinationals. The only ways to create wealth are to manufacture it or grow it - taken in the broadest sense of the words - and to do it here.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:19 AM

bruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the rough

That is great news, I will certainly make an effort to send my business their way, no matter how little I have for them.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Well, before shutting down, they had quit making tying thread and were sticking to rod-wrapping thread sizes.

I really hope they start making tying thread again. I'm a HUGE fan of their 6/0, and I've about used up my stockpile.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:57 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

Good news, thanks!

Years ago the the flyfishing show in Charlotte was combined with a rod building show. I strolled past the Gudebrod booth in the rod builders area and asked why he had no tying stuff. He said no one had asked and opened a lower cabinet and told me to help myself. They had some neat stuff I nabbed like lead core metallic braid thread and fuzzy thread to duplicate dubbed or dubbing looped bodies.
I hope they crank out the entire line up and thrive in doing so!