The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2011, 06:44 PM

grassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nice
Default sunglasses

im looking for some nice polarized sunglasses for use in mainly freshwater but the most i want to spend is about 100 bucks any recommendations
Old 12-10-2011, 06:49 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default Re: sunglasses

Oakley. Find an Oakley Vault, or look online for OAKLEY VAULT and you'll find some polarized.

Addicted To Vise
Old 12-11-2011, 11:54 AM

jeremy_w is on a distinguished road

Check sierra trading post! 30% off orders over $100 right now, so you can get a $130 pair of sunglasses for around $96 shipped, or a $100 pair of sunglasses for around $70, but in reality I bought a pair of Coyote sunglasses, retail for $95 were on sale for $45 and got a marmot jacket for $65 it turned out total I was like $77 for $240 in gear
Old 12-11-2011, 01:09 PM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

I think it will be hard to find something with good quality in that price range, at least as far as fishing specific sunglasses go that you will find comfortable enough to wear all day and do what you need them to do on the water.

It has been my experience that inexpensive sunglasses torture my head and the lenses are of dubious quality.

I found some sunglasses that were really comfortable i use for driving and bought a second pair specifically for fishing. The nice thing about them is that the lenses are changeable. As of right now, i have two sets of lenses just for different fishing conditions. There is at least one more set i want to get. Oakley Flak Jacket sunglasses

I recommend them but unfortunately, they are about double your budget. My fishing partner wears Native sunglasses and likes them quite a bit. They are closer to your price range, but still a bit more. Perhaps you can find them online somewhere at the price you need. Native sunglasses

My final comment would be that ,imo, this is one of those fishing accessories that it pays to buy the best you possibly can get away with.

Good luck Grass.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

STEEP AND CHEAP. They advertise Oakley and Smith all the time, but be sure to look for Polorized.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy_w View Post
Check sierra trading post! 30% off orders over $100 right now, so you can get a $130 pair of sunglasses for around $96 shipped, or a $100 pair of sunglasses for around $70, but in reality I bought a pair of Coyote sunglasses, retail for $95 were on sale for $45 and got a marmot jacket for $65 it turned out total I was like $77 for $240 in gear
Sierra Trading Post is my first place to check for this kind of stuff every time. Good stuff up to 70% off.