The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2011, 06:52 PM

FlyFlinger2421 will become famous soon enoughFlyFlinger2421 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What is this guy using?

The
Sturgeon general! VERY GOOD! LMAO!

So how do you tie a bread fly?
Now I suppose the guys that fish with plastic eggs and the guys that won't will carry their dispute over to using or not using "bread flies"!
Old 12-19-2011, 06:57 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFlinger2421 View Post
The
Now I suppose the guys that fish with plastic eggs and the guys that won't will carry their dispute over to using or not using "bread flies"!

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:02 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFlinger2421 View Post
The
Sturgeon general! VERY GOOD! LMAO!

Lol, I only tied it once out of frustration. They would give the kids stale white bread from the kitchen so these Carp were feed ALL day, Every day. It was basically their entire diet. Since then I haven't fished Carp where they were fed so regularly. Now I fish them with a Mulberry fly if they're feeding on top or a crayfish pattern if they're down low.

Nice fly Joni, if you toast it and add some butter I'd bite it.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:28 PM

FlyFlinger2421 will become famous soon enoughFlyFlinger2421 will become famous soon enough

Hey Joni!
How about a Bread Fly Tying video on YouTube?
What the heck is that thing made of?
Old 12-21-2011, 04:47 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have the material, I was given the fly. The Flie is Rainy's Bread Crust fly.
The foam is furry foam, easy enough to make your own. Cream furry foam and a brown marker:
Foam Products
Foam Products

Now popcorn I could show...he, he, he.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:03 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

There's also many other ties for The Bread Crust Fly which is used for catching Mullett. A Friend's Son also has caught them well over 40lbs on The Fly in The Inland Lakes over here.

I really like The Method one of The Guys is using for netting his fish where he positions The Rod behind his neck,as they say "Real Cool".
Brian.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:01 PM

rvc is on a distinguished road

Please forgive my ignorance here. I'm pretty new to fly fishing. Why does the guy put his reel in the water when the fish runs? Is it to control the heat in the drag?

This is really an amazing video and I've watched it several times. I didn't know one could cast a fly as far as the one guy did in that one cast. The video is so well done that it makes me wonder if others of similar quality have been put out by the same people that did this one. Anyone know?

Thanks.

RVC
Old 12-22-2011, 12:07 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvc View Post
Please forgive my ignorance here. I'm pretty new to fly fishing. Why does the guy put his reel in the water when the fish runs? Is it to control the heat in the drag?

This is really an amazing video and I've watched it several times. I didn't know one could cast a fly as far as the one guy did in that one cast. The video is so well done that it makes me wonder if others of similar quality have been put out by the same people that did this one. Anyone know?

Thanks.

RVC
I didn't see a drag knob on the right side of his reel. My guess is he was using a click n pawl reel and used the water tension as drag. Plus it looks pretty cool
Old 12-22-2011, 01:48 PM

I think it is the cool factor as well, plus you definitely KNOW the fisjh is stripping line off.

Oh, I have three reels that are not click/pawl and were designed with no drag. Vosseler RCL. Designed to Palm it
Old 12-22-2011, 04:07 PM

innes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvc View Post
... The video is so well done that it makes me wonder if others of similar quality have been put out by the same people that did this one. Anyone know?
RVC
That video is like the Hallmark of Korean Carp Fly Fishing. If you go to carp fly there are more. vr