The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2011, 06:36 PM

tpcollins is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone seen this fly tying demo?

I saw this on another forum and when I got to the second video of the 4th post about the Lego guys, I thought I would pee my pants laughing . . .

Your flies tied by robots
Old 12-21-2011, 06:57 PM

whalensdad is a jewel in the roughwhalensdad is a jewel in the roughwhalensdad is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Anyone seen this fly tying demo?

Love those Lego Dudes!!! Thanks
Old 12-21-2011, 07:16 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

They had one of these DaVinci robots on exhibit for one day at Charlotte Discovery Place. Since I was scheduled to have a procedure done with one of them I jumped at the chance to get my paws on it.
That gizmo was very intuitive to use. I can see why they're gaining in use throughout the medical field.
They had us put tiny plastic rings on little rubbery cones. The rings were probably 10' away from where the operator sits. Because of the amount of magnification you can get they seem very precise. They also filter out the miniscule shakes and tremors most humans have.
I never had the procedure done but still, truly miraculous stuff!
Old 12-21-2011, 08:19 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

That is absolutely amazing. I'd let him operate on me.