The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2011, 10:54 AM

famill00 will become famous soon enough
Default Zippo Hand Warmer - Opinions?

Do any of you use this zippo hand warmer thing? I got one for Christmas and was wondering if anyone else uses one. Looks pretty cool, but I don't have any fuel for it yet so I haven't tried it out. I think it will be great for spring creek fishing when snow is still on the ground! Opinions?

-Forrest
Old 12-26-2011, 10:58 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default Re: Zippo Hand Warmer - Opinions?

Have one, Love it. Some times it hard to know if its gone out, but other than that its great. The protective sleeve is essential as the burner itself gets pretty hot, and with the sleeve it can feel like its not hot, but with out the sleeve it will burn you for sure over a long period in your pocket.

Addicted To Vise
Old 12-26-2011, 03:18 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

They are a good thing as they really work,I'd forgotton about them,I'll have to get them out as I have two or three,two types,one uses The Sticks,the other you use The Liquid.
They are popular here with The Lawn Bowlers however I've only used mine when Camping whilst Hunting,also as mentioned they get very warm.
Another thing mentioned is they can be used in Sleeping Bags which I found to be a no no as the fumes are terrible & unbearable.
Brian.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:19 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Agree with the fumes statement. Definitely only to be used outdoors despite zippo marketing them as odorless

Addicted To Vise
Old 12-26-2011, 03:20 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Deleted ,the same as the previous posting,don't know what happenned.

Last edited by Liphookedau; 12-27-2011 at 07:34 AM.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:48 PM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all

I use the Grabber Hand Warmers, stays warm for 8 hours, no mixing, no fuel just open and stick them in your glove or pocket.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:49 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Good comments about 'without the top they get really hot.' As in damned hot! Had the 'top' slip off in a down coat pocket ... melted the pocket material before I even knew 'Houston, I have a problem.'