The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 01:43 PM

kzoocstr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Has anyone had a line made by Steve Godshall?

Talked to Steve today as a matter of fact, having another line made. Because your wondering about his lines you should give him a call, he's to the point and he'll get it done for ya, just make sure you have an idea as to what your looking to do with it. He also does the lines for alot of Andersons rods and if you ask Gary he's going to tell you to talk to Steve. It's worth the phone call.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:32 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Has anyone had a line made by Steve Godshall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzoocstr View Post
Talked to Steve today as a matter of fact, having another line made. Because your wondering about his lines you should give him a call, he's to the point and he'll get it done for ya, just make sure you have an idea as to what your looking to do with it. He also does the lines for alot of Andersons rods and if you ask Gary he's going to tell you to talk to Steve. It's worth the phone call.
Other than my very heavy rods, every thing I have has one of Steve's lines on same. Waiting for a new reel at the moment (to line up the Sage 8136-4) and I'll hand over the whole lot and 'Do your thing!'

Hadn't finished this type and 'Lordie, you need to get your mail.'

HUGE BOX FROM MARTY!!!!!!!!!!

Makes my 'Boat Float!!'

Fred
Old 05-09-2013, 10:01 AM

ontheflyguide is on a distinguished road

I have yet to meet a scandi that out performs the one of Steve's that Fred let me barrow.

I really wish more guys were custom making a heavy head that would mend out to say 60' or 70'. I use switch rods out of the boat, and always tell people that for the Rogue, casting isn't as big of a deal as mending. The problem I find is that everyone wants to cast, but no one wants to mend. A skagit with a good mending section would be awesome.

I also am going to be looking for a long belly 4wt for casting salmon flies on the Wiliamson. Something with a real light front taper.

The goal here is to fish well, not necessarily win casting contest. more time in the water less time casting. You need a line that mends well to do that.

I really need to talk to Steve, as he probably would have the answer to all my questions, and increase my fishing.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:00 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Nate just got my new Skagit head from Steve late this AM for a 8136-4 Sage. Sitting here at my desk putting all the bits and pieces (SpeyCo reel, etc) together.

"This a combination I've never tried to build for; we'll start with this and if it doesn't work we'll build another." Context: Airflo sink tips (out of the UK, and they're heavier than hell), RIO 'compensator s, etc. Nothing I've ever tried either.

End/beginning game is a 24' 6" Skagit at 615 grains.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:30 PM

rubberguy is a jewel in the roughrubberguy is a jewel in the roughrubberguy is a jewel in the rough

I have 2 lines Steve supplied me with for my Anderson spey rod. he made me a scandi that casts with such a light feeling but shoots like a cannon ! he also shortened my rio flight to perfectly match my rod. he also sent me FREE OF CHARGE a 10 foot zinc sink tip to go with the Skagit. and told me the best leader set-up to use on both lines. I got a chance to meet and thank him in person @ SPEY O RAMA. won't be my final purchase from him !
Old 05-09-2013, 11:38 PM

Lightbulb Re: Has anyone had a line made by Steve Godshall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzoocstr View Post

Worth the phone call: 541 840 2594