The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 09:39 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default something remembered

this was recently given to me by my father

Click the image to open in full size.

a knife i remember my grandfather showing me when i was 4.

casey

ARFE
Old 12-28-2011, 09:42 PM

wishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enoughwishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enough
Default Re: something remembered

Priceless......
Old 12-28-2011, 09:48 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiniwerfishin View Post
Priceless......
exactly! I'd use it though...it was made for use. -Mike
Old 12-28-2011, 10:03 PM

biggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nice

Looks like it could use some mineral oil. That's a classic--enjoy it!

Do you have any photos of the tang stamp(s)? I'm going to guess Imperial.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:05 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel View Post
exactly! I'd use it though...it was made for use. -Mike
yep, still in use
love it.

casey

ARFE
Old 12-28-2011, 10:56 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

awosme. always cool to see the classics
Old 12-28-2011, 11:41 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like the old Boy Scout knife I had back in the 1950's

VINTAGE LOT OF 3 BOY SCOUTS POCKET KNIVES | eBay

Camillus Knives: Boy Scout Knife, Four Blade Camp Knife, CM-BSA008

Silver

http://tinyurl.com/kkctayx

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy
Old 12-28-2011, 11:45 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseywise View Post
yep, still in use
love it.

casey
Good man. Your grandfather would want it used...
Old 12-29-2011, 06:38 AM

yes it is a camilus from the 40's i think. my grandfather was born in '27 so that figures out right.

and the big blade is so sharp that it will shave hair off my forearm\

ARFE
Old 12-29-2011, 10:53 AM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute

Casey,

We used to play a version of Mumblety-peg for hours with our Boy Scout knives. We used the awl blade and the knife seemed perfectly balanced for that game. Your knife brings back a lot of wonderful memories.

Mumblety-peg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We didn't play either of the Mumblety-peg games above. We played safer versions. We faced each other, feet together. We tossed a coin to see who go first. The first player threw the knife less than 12 inches away from the foot of the opposite player. The object was to stick it in teh ground the furthest away but no more than 12 inches. More than 12 inches didn't count. If it stuck in the ground less than 12 inches away, he had to move his foot next to the knife, and he had to keep both feet spread apart. Then the other player did the same. The winner was the person that stuck the knife far enough away so that the other player could not stretch his foot to reach it.

Another game was to toss the knife in various ways to get it to stick in the ground. For example, we would flip it underhand to loop the knife before it stuck, we would rest the point on our bended knee and flip it off to stick into the ground, etc. The first person to complete the different knife tricks was the winner.

Another game was cat's cradle played with just a piece of string.

Cat's cradle instructions with step by step pictures ifyoulovetoread.com -- the site for BLOW OUT THE MOON

Life was simpler then. All we needed was a knife and a lawn, or just a piece of string to entertain ourselves.

Silver

http://tinyurl.com/kkctayx

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy