The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2011, 08:52 PM

drlaser has a spectacular aura aboutdrlaser has a spectacular aura about
Default Oh the places fly fishing has taken me

To all who read this I say thank you for you may not know this but every one here helped me grow in some way or form. I was Inspired to pick up fly fishing from an older gentle man here in Texas but finding this forum pushed me over the edge. Most of you may not know this but Earlier this year I have had 3 mini strokes and one heart surgery and you all, along with our sport have been the best form of rehabilitation I could have hoped for, For the day I was released from the hospital I had lost everything I had ever worked for, my full ride to auburn, and to be honest my desire to keep living. But every one here on this sight has shown me that there are more important things to live for and how to look for the silver lining, so for that I say thank you.

the only thing I cant thank you for is the damage done to my wallet. I spent so much money at Bass Pro that I am now in the top 10% of all bas pro customers (I now have preferred membership).

So thank you all
sincerely Robert Cline
Old 12-31-2011, 09:40 PM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all
Default Re: Oh the places fly fishing has taken me

Happy New Year Rob
Old 12-31-2011, 11:53 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

We've all got a good thing going on here, and you are not alone in finding this forum a brief get away. Glad you're here Robert.

Dave
Old 01-01-2012, 12:45 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Robert,
I wish you the best in your ongoing recovery. May the upcoming year bring you even more joy and happiness within this pastime than you've experienced already, it is the best therapy a person can find.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/

Old 01-01-2012, 01:15 AM

beagle is on a distinguished road

You'll do fine Rob,,I had the whole heart shebang as well and came out just fine.Click the image to open in full size.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:27 AM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

Wow, you guys have got some serious stuff to be thankful for; very inspiring, thanks for posting and wish you good health in the new year
Old 01-01-2012, 08:32 AM

wabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nice

Life can throw us some unexpected challenges, but it sounds like you have made the mental adjustments to survive and be happy!

The old "Is the cup half full or half empty" analogy is a good comparison, and it sounds like your cup is at least half full.

May your life continue to be good in the upcoming year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2012, 09:40 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlaser View Post
.....look for the silver lining, so for that I say thank you.

I am now in the top 10% of all bas pro customers (I now have preferred membership).
Glad to hear that you're recuperating well, Robert.

You're right. There's a silver lining behind almost every cloud; the secret is having and keeping the will to look for it.

Enjoy your preferred position at BassPro; think of it as helping to stimulate the US economy

Be well in 2012.

Pocono
Old 01-01-2012, 09:56 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Robert: Sounds like you have made the mental adjustment necessary to beat the health issues, best of luck to your rehabilitation and I hope you the best fishing year possible! Get out there and enjoy all that Bass Pro gear!

Larry
Old 01-01-2012, 10:34 AM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

Hope you continue your speedy recovery. Now, get out there and get some fly fishing done...