The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 10:48 AM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold
Default Weiner Dog fishing

I'm thinking of starting a new park sport. Dog fishing. If they will run with a hook less fly, it could be good practice for big fish.
Bear with me, I'm trying to figure out video posting from vimeo. We'll see if it works.

Also taught my mom how to roll cast on Christmas; she hit the target several times... I think a little brook trout is in her future!
Click the image to open in full size.

gatortransplant likes this.

Last edited by tbblom; 01-12-2012 at 10:51 AM. Reason: wrong video, added another.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:11 PM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Weiner Dog fishing

Coming from someone who used to have one, This. Is. Awesome.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:13 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I fly fish for cats all the time.
We have 4 at this point and when they see me come into the back yard with a fly rod, they come a runnin'

I use a "bob" fly that's about as big as a small bird and made up of gobs of colorful bucktail and saddlehackles tied on a length of stiff mono.
The cats will attack the line just as quickly as they will the 'bob' so I use an old cracked 8wt line on my w*lmart 6wt that I just leave out hanging from the porch ceiling.
The down side is that I'm no longer able to just go out in the yard and cast a line without attracting their attention.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:15 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

Damm. Tried it with my bloodhound pup & he grabbed the rod...
Old 01-12-2012, 08:06 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

You'd want to try that with our Baxter? Pi$$ed off weiner dog = 666 devil dog/land shark.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:13 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

i had fun with the cat that hangs around the house, this cat catches humming birds so it was no surprise it was goign to snatch a red blob of yarn haha, even took it and ran, was fun till I tighten the drag... TWANG!!
Old 01-12-2012, 09:29 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have any dogs or cats, but my son has two kittens, I bet we could have a blast casting to them! LOL!

Old 01-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

That is awesome...I go to try that. I am thinking an 8 wt as he is pushing 20 lb...muscular 18...LOL

Very impressive roll cast without water. That is tuff to do. I see Brookies and Trout at the end of that line in the near future.
Keep up the great work and videoing.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:38 AM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold

Baxter def. looks like some sort of mako/dachsund hybrid!
I bet he fights awesome, a dog to take you to the backing...
Old 01-13-2012, 10:42 AM

creeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of light

Stooopid weiner dogs.... We have a dapple that provides hours of entertainment and runs the show over our much larger Viszla.