The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 03:12 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Cold Snowy day In Kentucky

the park will have thier campground back open this spring. heres the details

KY: Kentucky Dept Fish and Wildlife -

for others close by heres an event to get to.

Join us for the 7th Annual Kentuckiana Fly Fishing Show! | www.kyflyshow.com

Roadkill, maybe next time will have good weather and decent fishing. Im glad we werent skunked, but was sure hoping for more then one fish.. once it warmed up the bass, smallie and large, and rockbass. and some of the nicest pumpkinseeds around, catfish on fly isnt out of the question, and if you walk to the tailwater where otter creek meets the ohio river, sauger and hybrid stripes are possible. If you decide to come down anyone, let me know Ill show you around.
Mike
Old 01-17-2012, 06:50 AM

roadkill1948 is on a distinguished road

Thanks. I'll be back down there quite a bit. There's lots of water to explore.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:59 AM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill1948 View Post
Thanks. I'll be back down there quite a bit. There's lots of water to explore.
for sure, I havent been to all of it yet, atleast not since I worked at the park and kayaked it once a week.. fishing the last 4 miles of the creek by wading is tricky with deep water and steep banks. I want to venture back there but I want to do that with a few people, its better , more fun, and if anyone catches a monster you have proof haha. theres an old road bed that runs out along the creek.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:11 AM

mrp1 has a spectacular aura aboutmrp1 has a spectacular aura about

Nice pictures, beautiful setting.

Mr. P.'s Blog
Old 01-18-2012, 07:06 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

It was definitely a pretty day (a little cold at first though). Haven't uploaded any photos yet, I'll get to that soon. I can't believe we didn't catch any more fish than we did after catching one so early on a cold day. Just a slow day despite the fact that it warmed up so much. Wish I would have had some size 16-18 BWO patterns, the fish began rising later in the day and I had one missed hook-set on a fish rising to a dry. JP will enjoy the fact that it was one of his patterns. I think we may have had a fish or two on dries if we had stayed a bit longer. There was a small BWO hatch, the first hatch I've noticed and identified while out on the water. I think the fish were hitting the emergers based on the type of rise and the lack of visible insects on the water.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 01-19-2012, 03:49 PM

rockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of light

That looks absolutely perfect.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:43 PM

thanks the view made the poor fishing worth it.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:37 AM

ritchierich will become famous soon enoughritchierich will become famous soon enough

Looks like an awesome day out on the stream. Loved your photos, what body are you using?
Old 01-21-2012, 11:56 AM

rod727 is on a distinguished road

great pics...thanks for sharing
Old 01-21-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritchierich View Post
Looks like an awesome day out on the stream. Loved your photos, what body are you using?
most of the photos are from my gopro HD2, the 2 good snow photos are from my canon xti.