The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 05:17 PM

grassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nice
Default human hair

has any one tied flies using human hair?
Old 01-18-2012, 06:41 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: human hair

She did, and I can't believe how much she cut off to do it.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:47 PM

grassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nice

where do these women come from
Old 01-18-2012, 06:52 PM
Banned

Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure. I'd love to know because I usually get mine from PMSassacheusets.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:34 PM

I swear theyre all living in a colony somewhere.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:53 PM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future

I've seen that video before. Cool how she improvises. The only thing I can't figure out is why she was out there fishing with just one fly in the first place!

I've purchased synthetic hair that is used for hair extensions, and tied flies with it. The seller I've bought from also has hair extensions made for human hair or a mix of human hair & synthetics.

I'm sure human hair would work just fine for flies, but frankly am afraid to try it.
With my luck, something would happen & I would end up trying to explain to law enforcement why my flies were tied with human hair!

A person could get themselves in some serious trouble I think!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 01-18-2012, 09:09 PM

if it catches fish ill shave my head hahah
ghost_reaper likes this.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim5589 View Post
The only thing I can't figure out is why she was out there fishing with just one fly in the first place!
Actually, she says when the Piranha strips her fly, "Again? Again! Piranha!Stripped my fly again!" I think it happened a bunch before the video was shot.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:21 PM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassonfly View Post
where do these women come from
high maintenance survivor women.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:35 PM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold

My first tying kit came with a very limited supply of materials.
I made a very poor stonefly imitation using some of my chest hair and some of my dog's dog whiskers. I know, pretty gross.