The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2010, 08:08 AM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of
Default Franco Vivarelli

Hey folks. I am flat out and running right now, but was able to pry a picture of Mark Ulmer away from him this morning.
Mark was the recipient of one of the Franco Vivarelli reels you had donated to Project Healing Waters Inc. One was sent to us up in Canada and it has been making a difference in the life of Mark Ulmer.
Sorry the picture does not have any fish involved but as you can see we are having a bit of an issue teaching Mark, who is supposed to bite what. LOL
Click the image to open in full size.
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:21 AM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future
Default Re: Franco Vivarelli

Kerry,

The water looks a bit low to me to be holding any large fish. Perhaps you could get Mark onto one of those fabled lakes you have up there.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 07-04-2010, 09:57 AM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

Yeah, sorry I do not get down to fish with him much and trying to get pictures out of him and his instructor is like finding hen's teeth. They seem to think they should be fishing or something. He is on the Bow River and there will be more pictures coming because I am heading down there after this hardwood floor thing I got myself into.....Kerry
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Kerry

Thanks for posting the great photo of Mark Ulmer and the update on the donations we all made to Project Healing waters. It is really great to see someone using the special Franco Vivarelli reels!!!!! Yesterday, I did a float trip with Capt Charles from 307 Outfitters and he uses a jon boat with a jet to fish the Wind River below Boysen rservoir. His boat has a big flat platform with a leg brace so casting is a dream standing on the platform. We were talking yesterday about Project Healing waters and Capt Charles mentioned that he has had people in wheel chairs fly fishing from his boat. He locks the wheel chair in position on the platform and it makes a great elevated position to cast from.

Larry
Old 07-04-2010, 02:58 PM

Larry thanks for the post. Hey if there is any way to get a picture of the setup that is used for wheelchairs on your friend's boat I would really appreciate it.
Some of the guides on the Bow have the platforms on their Jon Boats, but I would really appreciate a look at the locking mechanism.
I will have more pictures of Mark soon. The Vivrelli reel is amazing, many thanks to those who were involved in the donation, I was quite suprised and happy to get one up here to Canada.