The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   Somerset Show - who's going and what day (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/231318-somerset-show-whos-going-what-day.html)

s fontinalis 01-23-2012 02:06 PM

Somerset Show - who's going and what day

How many forum members are attending and what day are they going

I'm going Saturday and plan to spend all day there, or at least as much time as it takes me to get around, see what i want to see and talk to who i want to talk to.

Anyone else going Saturday?

fire instructor 01-23-2012 03:05 PM

Re: Somerset Show - who's going and what day

I'll be there Saturday morning, but I have to get on-the-road fairly early in the aftrenoon, as I need to be back in Albany, NY by 5:00 pm or so, and it's a 3-3.5 hour drive.

sandfly 01-23-2012 03:13 PM

Used to go every year, but am to far away now..check out Jack's Tackle hes with galec supreme hooks..

s fontinalis 01-23-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandfly (Post 384238)
Used to go every year, but am to far away now..check out Jack's Tackle hes with galec supreme hooks..

Thanks for the tip, I'm after some blind eye hooks, so i'll definitely be looking for some up there.

gatortransplant 01-23-2012 03:19 PM

I'm going to try to make it, still trying to figure out the logistics on getting there from Buffalo and where I'm going to stay and such.

s fontinalis 01-23-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gatortransplant (Post 384241)
I'm going to try to make it, still trying to figure out the logistics on getting there from Buffalo and where I'm going to stay and such.

just do a suicide run, out and back the same day

fire instructor 01-23-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s fontinalis (Post 384242)
just do a suicide run, out and back the same day

OUCH! That would certainly be a LONG turn and burn!!!

swirlchaser 01-23-2012 05:13 PM

I'll be there all day Sunday. I go to see old friends, cast new rods and pick up a few deals. The last day is when you can really haggle because no one wants to cart stuff home. ;)

whalensdad 01-23-2012 06:09 PM

I'll be there all day Saturday and Sunday. Thanks for the tip about Sundays. I'll keep it in mind.

gatortransplant 01-23-2012 08:56 PM

Is anyone in for a hotel room any night? I have to figure out some sort of lodging since I'm likely taking the 10hr bus trip in and out.