The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2012, 03:06 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default Somerset Show - who's going and what day

How many forum members are attending and what day are they going

I'm going Saturday and plan to spend all day there, or at least as much time as it takes me to get around, see what i want to see and talk to who i want to talk to.

Anyone else going Saturday?

Addicted To Vise
Old 01-23-2012, 04:05 PM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Somerset Show - who's going and what day

I'll be there Saturday morning, but I have to get on-the-road fairly early in the aftrenoon, as I need to be back in Albany, NY by 5:00 pm or so, and it's a 3-3.5 hour drive.

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 01-23-2012, 04:13 PM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

Used to go every year, but am to far away now..check out Jack's Tackle hes with galec supreme hooks..
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 01-23-2012, 04:16 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandfly View Post
Used to go every year, but am to far away now..check out Jack's Tackle hes with galec supreme hooks..
Thanks for the tip, I'm after some blind eye hooks, so i'll definitely be looking for some up there.

Addicted To Vise
Old 01-23-2012, 04:19 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I'm going to try to make it, still trying to figure out the logistics on getting there from Buffalo and where I'm going to stay and such.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 01-23-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
I'm going to try to make it, still trying to figure out the logistics on getting there from Buffalo and where I'm going to stay and such.
just do a suicide run, out and back the same day

Addicted To Vise
Old 01-23-2012, 04:32 PM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by s fontinalis View Post
just do a suicide run, out and back the same day
OUCH! That would certainly be a LONG turn and burn!!!

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 01-23-2012, 06:13 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be there all day Sunday. I go to see old friends, cast new rods and pick up a few deals. The last day is when you can really haggle because no one wants to cart stuff home.

Last edited by swirlchaser; 01-23-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:09 PM

whalensdad is a jewel in the roughwhalensdad is a jewel in the roughwhalensdad is a jewel in the rough

I'll be there all day Saturday and Sunday. Thanks for the tip about Sundays. I'll keep it in mind.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:56 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Is anyone in for a hotel room any night? I have to figure out some sort of lodging since I'm likely taking the 10hr bus trip in and out.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...