The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2012, 08:22 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's Your Highest Altitude Fishing Spot?

Highest one so far was about 11,400. Caught some beautiful trout on a size 16 beetle. There was snow on the shaded side still at the end of August. I hate to think what it would feel like to stand up there right now.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:21 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

My highest was South Lake, and Wier Pond in the eastern Sierras at 9,800.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:50 AM

auntrout will become famous soon enough

About 10,300 in the Mosquito Flats area above Rock Creek Lake in the Eastern Sierras
Old 01-24-2012, 01:17 AM
Banned

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold

Ok found the few pics I took on the hike in.

On the way up:

Click the image to open in full size.

Looking back from where we came from:

The first signs of a lake:

Caught some rat brookies in the lake. It was fun but not just because of the fishing
madjoni likes this.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:45 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Highest I've caught fish was just a hair over 10,000 ft. Normal fishing heights is roughly 460ft. HAHAHA

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 01-24-2012, 08:51 AM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbblom View Post
The lake behind me is at 11,900'. Wondering how high up people have gone and still caught a few.
What a nice scenery
I wish that we have that species of trout you have because no one of ours can live above 6000ft
Old 01-24-2012, 09:40 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I fish mostly at sea level

Old 01-24-2012, 12:16 PM
Banned

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold

Some pretty cool shots in this thread!
Old 01-24-2012, 01:19 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Thought I'd add a couple pictures from the lake I mentioned above. The first is a view of the lake after the climb, there are a couple lakes above this one, which feed into it. I'll have to fish them sometime too.

And this is a view of the mountains looking out from the lake.

Look forward to the weather warming up so I can get out there again.
Sasha and madjoni like this.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:29 PM

chuck s is just really nicechuck s is just really nicechuck s is just really nicechuck s is just really nice
Smile Re: What's Your Highest Altitude Fishing Spot?

A beaver pond below the top on Cannibal's plateau. Somewhere up near 12,000 ft I'd say. Either that or over near the head of the Roaring Fork again getting close to that 12 grand mark. Here where I fish regularly all water is over 7,000 and my favorite home spot is likely right about 8500 ft.
Chuck S

"I've traveled many roads and some weren't paved."
Will Rodgers

http://fishing-folks.blogspot.com/