The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 09:12 PM

cbrand is on a distinguished road
Default Gulf Breeze Florida Help

Going on vacation to Gulf Breeze Fl. What kind of fly fishing can I do from shore? Please any advise will help. There is a shore side and cove side of the island. Thanks.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:01 AM

grassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nice
Default Re: Gulf Breeze Florida Help

you can surf fish for tarpon snook and other inshore fish
Old 01-29-2012, 08:26 AM

cbrand is on a distinguished road

From the Beach? Im a trout fisherman never fly fished on the beach before. Clouser? Yes I need somebody to hold my hand.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:37 AM

smalliesrule has a spectacular aura aboutsmalliesrule has a spectacular aura aboutsmalliesrule has a spectacular aura about

I've caught more speckled trout than I could ever count between the bridge going out to Pensacola Beach, and the western Tip of the Gulf Breeze Peninsula. 2 ways to go. Start at the bridge and wade west about waist to chest deep just blind casting a clouser or better yet a deciever out over the grass flats. Be careful as there are some really deep holes along the way! this is really productive just as the sun is coming up, and then again the last couple of hours before dark.
the second choice is to go to Shorline Park and wade west toward the end of the island doing the same thing, except you'll encounter some piers along this stretch that have VERY deep water on the end of them. Fish them deep and slow with heavy tippet. There are redfish, and black snapper living there. Black Snapper are probably my favorite fish to eat, and with the new regulations there are plenty of them approaching 3 lb. living under these piers. I really Really REALLY miss saltwater fishing...
Stan