The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2007, 07:43 PM

Nevadahayman is on a distinguished road
Default Water Skeeter SLP-06???

Hey guys I'm looking to purchace the Water Skeeter SLP-06 from Cabela's but had heard that their service dept. was a little lacking. Not Cabela's but Water Skeeter's. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Nevadahayman
Old 08-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Water Skeeter SLP-06???

What do you mean? If you buy it from Cabela's wouldn't they warranty it?
I know Orvis had the Daytripper with their name on it and they warrantied it.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:00 PM

jdgrubbjr is on a distinguished road

I purchased two Water Skeeter's approximately three years ago, a River Tamer and a River Lite, from a local sporting goods store. I bought the River Tamer for myself and the River Lite for my daughter. The sporting goods store was a Water Skeeter dealer and I had absolutely no success in trying to get things special ordered for the pontoon boats. Thinking that I might just be dealing with a sorry dealer, I decided to e-mail Water Skeeter earlier this year to find out if they could help me obtain a new bladder for the River Tamer. After approximately forty-five days, they finally sent me an e-mail indicating that they couldn't help me, that I would have to contact a dealer. I've been fairly satisfied with the boats, but would never buy another one just because of the above. I'm going to wear them both out and then I'm going with another brand. Customer service? I couldn't find any.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:09 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

WOW, good to know. I guess that is one thing you can say about Orvis....If their name is on it, even if someone else made it, they will take care of you.
Scadden and North Fork Outdoors are great for fixing problems also (even the ones self impossed like over inflating)
Old 08-12-2007, 11:01 AM

Nevadahayman is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the input, it echo's what I've heard from other people about Water Skeeter. I think I will purchase the Creek Company ODC 816 instead.

Thanks
Nevadahayman