The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2012, 12:50 PM

Noiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really nice
Default Re: A foray into film-making... *cough cough*

Nice shooting. I might put the great song that you chose a little lower in the mix volume-wise. Can't wait to see more.
"By the time I was a teenager I fit the standard profile of a lifelong angler. I was lazy, shiftless, unambitious and willing to work hard only at things that were widely considered useless." ~John Gierach
Old 02-06-2012, 02:54 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Thanks for all the compliments guys! I have now posted the HD version in place of the original. I'm pretty excited to start shooting more video now, especially since I picked up a polarizer for my camera (still trying to figure it out though, should probably start reading up on this whole camera use thing...).

Noiso, I wasn't sure about volume, that's definitely an area of the production I need to work on. I kind of wanted the music to blur out the words, when I didn't completely remove them. That's definitely on the docket for the next work keeping a better eye on the sound effects/music.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 02-07-2012, 09:31 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Nicely done AJ...

Dan
Old 02-07-2012, 09:47 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

great job aj!
that was very well done
keep it up

casey

ARFE
Old 02-07-2012, 10:18 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

AJ: Very impressive work, can't wait to see what you do on the next trip! Loved your choice of music also!

Old 02-07-2012, 11:20 AM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

Love this video. Excellent work! I wouldn't have guessed it was your first one. Hopefully see more from you in the future.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:33 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I hate to be the one to rain on your parade A.J. (cuz I enjoyed the video) but fighting and landing a fish like that, with your rod angled up behind your head, is the surest way I know to turn a 4 piece rod into a 5 piece.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:47 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Not raining on the parade at all, Rip! I've been giving the Allen warranty a run for its money, so I'll work on the technique so I don't go exploding a rod and sending their warehouse guy toward an aneurysm...

Glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for the tip!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 02-07-2012, 12:53 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome job! Great video!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 02-07-2012, 02:47 PM

vitesse304 has a spectacular aura aboutvitesse304 has a spectacular aura about

Another little bit of info to help you improve!

Get a net. Land fish faster and easier than by hand (especially big fish like that!). If you're making videos to document your fishing, someone down the road is going to complain that are playing the fish too long, or hurting the fish by picking it up, or letting it run on to the bank, etc...

Plus, it makes it easier for you!

Also, I gotta agree with rip. No need to put that kind of pressure on the rod, your line or your hooks!

Utilize angles and make the current work for you to keep him facing upstream. Your not letting the rod and line work the fish when you are forcing such a bend by putting the rod behind you. It looks like you are trying to pull the fish around when you bring the rod behind you, but if you drop the tip to your left, you are still putting good pressure and making the fish turn upstream.

Anyways, good work and nice fish!!!