The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 03:34 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A foray into film-making... *cough cough*

Great film AJ, and I loved the music. NOW send me $20.00 or your professor gets mailed the film!!!

Dave
Old 02-07-2012, 03:51 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

The net situation is in the process of being sorted out, which I'm pretty excited about.

I cut a lot of the first fight out just because it was super long and I didn't want to bore people (the end of the fight is boring enough). Plus the camera was in my pocket when the fight began. The video itself was actually an afterthought, I hadn't set out to create a short of the day's fishing. I had already fought the fish to pretty close in, and the stick only went way back when it decided to take another run. What I'm saying is, I'm bad, but I'm not totally awful, hahaha. Either way, I'll have to keep working on it, at least so I don't end up with another broken rod (haven't broke any while fighting fish yet).

And David, that's a clever attempt at blackmail. Luckily it's a Sunday that I'm fishing, haha. My major advisor is in full support of my fly fishing habit, something about keeping me sane... Little does she know...

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 02-07-2012, 04:18 PM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

Outstanding vid, AJ! Look forward to seeing more!!!

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 02-07-2012, 05:47 PM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future

Good job, AJ! Make sure you bring your camera down here with you this summer. I've already ruined 3 of mine from salt water and didn't get much for film.

The only thing I've really wanted to get on film is the sailfish tease and bite. But I get so excited, I always forget to turn it on even though it's sitting right on my head!

Cheers,
Jim
Old 02-07-2012, 07:40 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

I liked it. What camera are you using?
Old 02-07-2012, 08:14 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I was using a Canon SX40HS. I'm really excited for the next set of shots because I picked up a polarizer for it, so the next video should have much improved photo quality with regard to fishy photos.

Jim, I will absolutely bring it, maybe we can get video of your first permit, in addition to the sailfish. I've got no qualms about teasing in sailfish!!

Thanks for all the comments, guys! Hopefully my next contribution will be just as entertaining, with less flaws in technique

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 02-07-2012, 08:25 PM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future

Quote:
maybe we can get video of your first permit
I'm hoping you'll be be too late for that. My buddy who moved north has a line on a whole pile of stupid ones that don't get pounded on mercilessly either. And I've got an idea for a new fly and will be ordering a new vice next week. Top secret though, you'll have to wear a blindfold if you want to try it.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:27 PM

FlyFlinger2421 will become famous soon enoughFlyFlinger2421 will become famous soon enough

I watched from beginning to end! Great video! no one would ever guess it was your first and that's for sure!
Old 02-07-2012, 09:02 PM

I will ABSOLUTELY endure a blindfolded boat ride, even torture, in exchange for a shot at permit. Plus I'll blame the torture when I blow the cast.

And thanks, FlyFlinger!

Old 02-21-2012, 12:36 PM

Threw together another video, this time for my buddy:

Next time there will actually be planning that goes into one of these things!