The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2007, 01:07 PM

tbrillinger223 is on a distinguished road
Default catching trout?

are there any websites, books, or magazines that can help this saltwater flats fisherman catch trout in North Carolinia?
Old 08-17-2007, 06:38 PM

troutslayer has a spectacular aura abouttroutslayer has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: catching trout?

I'd punch in on the internet "Flyfishing in North Carolina" and see where it takes you. You may want to check the net for the Fish and Game Commission in NC and ask them some questions as well. Also try "Flyfishing shops in North Carolina" and see what comes up. Also, try Cortland and Orvis and see if they have any dealers in NC and I'm sure they will give you their phone numbers to call. Just some suggestions.
"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...because only in the woods can I find solitude without lonliness..." Robert Traver 1964 (Judge John Voelker)
Old 08-17-2007, 09:01 PM

troutslayer,

thanks for the insight. I will give it a go, I know the nearest orvis store where i will be staying is in sevierville, tn. about 2 hours away. I definiately will head there to pick up some key items. ( stomach pump, stream seive net, and other things that will definiately seperate my wallet from my back pocket)
Old 08-19-2007, 02:57 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi tbrillinger223,

Check out this site. Some good information about North Carolina fly fishing.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:58 PM

thanks again guys.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:22 AM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: catching trout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrillinger223 View Post
troutslayer,

thanks for the insight. I will give it a go, I know the nearest orvis store where i will be staying is in sevierville, tn. about 2 hours away. I definiately will head there to pick up some key items. ( stomach pump, stream seive net, and other things that will definiately seperate my wallet from my back pocket)

Forget the stomach pump.. I believe there is a high mortality rate from the use of them. How many other people out there use them
Old 08-20-2007, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrillinger223 View Post
troutslayer,

fishn50,

I had a buddy tell me I needed to get one so I can know exactly what the fish are eating. I was reading about them last night and decided that my knowledge of the digestive system of fish does not extend beyond what I happened to catch them on. Some of the things that I read made me realize that you can do some sevier damage to the fish. If I am not mistaken you need to catch a fish then take this midievil torture device shove it down their throat and suck everything they ate out, only to see what they are eating? Well if I just caught this fish on something why not continue using that?
Old 08-20-2007, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
Hi tbrillinger223,

Check out this site. Some good information about North Carolina fly fishing.
Frank,

I did check out this site and is now saved in my favorites. thanks for the link.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:44 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi tbrillinger223,

Glad to help out. Looking forward to hearing about your trip. You know that the creeks are very low in NC/TN due to the lack of rain in the area.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:53 PM

I was told to bring my own bucket of water...