The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2012, 09:01 AM

wabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nice
Default eBay - Cooks of Oregon rod ??????

I'm looking at a Lamiglas fiberglass rod on eBay and was curious if anyone had purchased anything from the seller rowriverfshr.
I noticed the rod picture in the listing is also used in other listings for similar rods, so it can't be an actual picture of the rod for sale in all those listings.
Sounds like a decent price for a glass rod (less than $150) if the information provided is accurate.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:38 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: eBay - Cooks of Oregon rod ??????

Mike, have a link to the 'offer?' You might want to go onto 'Lammi's web site and look the thing up. They still make a few glass rods if memory serves.
Fred

Edit: Is this it? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lamiglas-8-5...item20c2677322

Get the impression the fellow may be a custom rod builder.

Last edited by fredaevans; 02-12-2012 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Add a link
Old 02-12-2012, 10:51 AM

wabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nice

Lamiglas 7'6" 4wt. 2pc. Classic slow action fiberglass! | eBay

Lamiglas 7' 3wt. 2pc. Classic slow action fiberglass! | eBay

Notice it's the same picture for both listings.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:08 AM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of

Mike, I went to Ebay & looked up that seller. Some sellers do use the same pictures for similar items. The seller has great feedback, @ 1224 feedback score & 100% satisfaction. I read a few listings & it seems that seller is building rods using various blanks & has a good return policy. Even stating to use the rod & if not satisfied, then return for a full refund in some listings. It doesn't state however if he will refund shipping, but most folks will not, so that's likely the case. He does have free shipping on many listings.

I would guess that this seller is providing accurate information, as otherwise is not a good way to do business, and his feedback score would likely reflect that. However, if you have questions, ask!

Anytime you buy online, and particularly off of Ebay, without being able to inspect the item first hand, you take your chances. I've bought several rods from Ebay sellers, and had an issue only once. The rod arrived damaged & the seller replaced it without question. I have not purchased from this seller however.

For me, if I was interested in purchasing any of the listed rods, I would first ask the seller any questions I had, then proceed based on the answers I got. With the feedback score that seller has, I would have no reservations about dealing with him!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 02-12-2012, 11:32 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

+1 to BigJim's comment. If you click on the rod picture it's dated in 2005. That said, doesn't mean the info isn't basically correct.

Back in a mo with a glass rod web board info.
Fred

Here you go: http://fiberglassflyrodders.com/forum/index.php

Steve Godshall was able to pick up some 11' glass rods and had him build me out a 'Switch rod' with one of the blanks. A TOTAL HOOT to cast. Much of the water here on the upper Rogue (Summer to Winter) really doesn't require a 'long cast,' in fact most of that 'ker-plop' will be beyond where the fish are likely to be. There a short rod really shines with one of Steve's custom cut fly lines.

Even with a 10' poly leader you can 'tip cast' almost at your feet.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:28 PM

Went ahead and bought the 6'6" 3wt.
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
Old 02-12-2012, 09:00 PM

wishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enoughwishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enough

You should be happy, I have a custom Rogue from him and it's been great for the last two years I've had it.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:12 AM

Good choice; should be an excellent small stream rod. Love the action of 'glass.'
Old 02-15-2012, 12:14 PM

orff8800 is on a distinguished road

Been looking at those rods too, so thanks for the info! fred where do you live in Southern Oregon? I'm in Medford
Old 02-15-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orff8800 View Post
Been looking at those rods too, so thanks for the info! fred where do you live in Southern Oregon? I'm in Medford
Mile east of White City just off Hwy 140; or about 5.5 miles from Tou Velle Park. Being long time retired, every day is a Saturday ...... which when I usually don't fish.

Fred
541 944 0404

Edit: Forgot to add J D (Jim) Jones (another 2-hander fly chucker) is here in Cent. Point.