The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By mcnerney

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 11:36 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fly Fishing the Truckee River

Fly Fishing Internet Radio is hosting Mikey Wier who guides on the Truckee River and will be talking about fishing that river this coming Wednesday, Feb 15 at 7 pm Mountain time. Mikey Wier has been guiding in the Lake Tahoe area for over 15 years and calls the Truckee River his home water.
The Truckee River is a tailwater that flows from Lake Tahoe for 120 miles ending at Pyramid Lake, NV. Although this river is technically a tailwater, at times it flows like a freestone stream and at others it will fish like a Spring Creek. Listen in to learn Mikey’s secrets about fishing this challenging water.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:13 PM

oarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to all
Default Re: Fly Fishing the Truckee River

Thanks for the heads up.

Rick
Old 02-14-2012, 12:33 PM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold

Should be a good listen. Mikey knows his stuff!
Old 02-14-2012, 12:59 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutdoorsman View Post
Should be a good listen. Mikey knows his stuff!
Chris: Thanks, I'm looking forward to it, I like to listen as I'm tying up some flies, just makes for a more interesting evening.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:40 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Larry, I shall listen whilst perusing this forum. milt.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:21 PM
Administrator

Bumping this to the top to make sure everyone that might be interesting in fishing the Truckee River gets a chance to hear the presentation this evening.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:22 PM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold

I'll be listening, the Truckee is one of the hardest rivers I have ever fished and if you can get some pointers from one of the best to fish it then it is well worth listening.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:45 AM

vitesse304 has a spectacular aura aboutvitesse304 has a spectacular aura about

Why didn't I see this post earlier!!!

I fished the Truckee on Wednesday...it was ok, but some tips and pointers would have helped make it a great day!
Old 02-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse304 View Post
Why didn't I see this post earlier!!!

I fished the Truckee on Wednesday...it was ok, but some tips and pointers would have helped make it a great day!
Not to worry, in a couple of days they will have the episode recording on the site so you can play it anytime.....that way you will have more knowledge on the next trip.