The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ausablebrown

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 09:23 AM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold
Default TFO Professional Rods $89

I know that there are often people on here looking for a quality first rod on a budget so I figured I would pass this along. My first quality rod was purchased when I was in college and living on ramen and any free pizza that I could get from the shop that I was working at, and it was a TFO Professional. It was my only rod for 3 or 4 years after and it served me VERY well. Looks like they have most sizes available and all marked down by 40%. Here's the link to their page; CLEARANCE & SPECIALS - Product Catalog

There are other good clearance websites out there too, we had a good list compiled in another thread a while back, mostly discontinued model closeout pricing sites; Best Gear Discounts on the Web!
bluedaksi likes this.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:41 AM

sinner is on a distinguished road
Default Re: TFO Professional Rods $89

I have 2, very good rod.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:14 PM

bluedaksi will become famous soon enoughbluedaksi will become famous soon enough

Great deals on the Reddington Rods as well! Thanks for posting this.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:22 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaksi View Post
Great deals on the Reddington Rods as well! Thanks for posting this.
Yes it is...if you are looking for a fast action rod, I test cast one of the RS4's and I found it to be pretty easy to work with, decently built also. They've got them 50% off. The TFO, and the RS4 are steals for under $100.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:06 PM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

Thats $14 cheaper than what I got my daughters 4wt for. I saved it to my favorites, thanks