The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 11:38 PM

fryfishingguy is on a distinguished road
Default good anglers pliers and COO...

Anyone know where the Van Staal, Ross, Abel, or Hatch pliers are made?

Looking for something US made at that price point... will I have any luck?
Old 02-22-2012, 12:39 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: good anglers pliers and COO...

Although I have seen these tools and think they are pretty nifty I carry a Leatherman Wave. It does a lot for me; I live in Alaska and have many big toothy fish that I need to remove hooks from every year and the Wave is good. It also has a bunch of tools that have been very handy in the bush.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-22-2012, 01:00 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

I think that Ross and Van Staal pliers are made in the USA. Not 100% sure.

Abel pliers are made in Camarillo, California.

Hatch pliers are made in Vista, California.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:56 AM

fryfishingguy is on a distinguished road

well, I just checked with Van Staal, and theirs (as is all of their items) is made in China... amazing a $350 pair of pliers in China?

So I'm going to check with Hatch where I know my reel was US made.... and maybe Able and Accurate.. or Ross.

I do have a Leatherman Wave, (both a standard model, and the Damascus limited edition version) as well as the Ti Charge, and love both of them, but I want Pliers that are always out, and a bit lighter to carry.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:37 AM

jimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura about

I have a leatherman also the skeletool model and really like it very light and functional. Also it was a Christmas gift so the price was right