The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 02:23 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Dress code explained

I have seen it all when i fish and i dress in whatever i have and sometimes waders sometimes shorts or jeans . i do see the models fishing looking like they stepped off the pages of a magazine and most times they are beginners that don't stick with the sport long..
Old 02-22-2012, 02:59 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes, if I feel too stylish*, I'll pick my nose. If the slobs around me don't pass the pork rinds and chewing tobacco, I'll eat the booger. That gets me into the club quicker than anything imaginable.

*Hasn't really happened yet.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:42 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

Sheepishly, I admit to investing in Orvis waders/boots a couple of years ago.

My Columbia vest is older than I can remember, though, and I've been sewing it back together for about a decade. Think it's got another 10 years in it. There's currently only 1 bursting seam, so I may wait til next season to do a repair.

-Mike
Rip Tide likes this.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:59 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel View Post
My Columbia vest is older than I can remember, though, and I've been sewing it back together for about a decade. Think it's got another 10 years in it. There's currently only 1 bursting seam, so I may wait til next season to do a repair.-Mike
My trout vest came from LLBean in 1974.
The pockets are worn out in the corners and it's needed zipper repairs a few times, but far worst is that somehow it's shrunk over the years
Old 02-22-2012, 04:04 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
somehow it's shrunk over the years
Hmmm, maybe mine has too. Yeah, that's it...shrinkage. lol
Old 02-22-2012, 04:09 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankB2 View Post
Sometimes, if I feel too stylish*, I'll pick my nose. If the slobs around me don't pass the pork rinds and chewing tobacco, I'll eat the booger. That gets me into the club quicker than anything imaginable.

*Hasn't really happened yet.
Just keep eatin those boogers, they gotta make sure your not faking it first.

Dave
Old 02-22-2012, 04:33 PM

FlyFlinger2421 will become famous soon enoughFlyFlinger2421 will become famous soon enough

Just don't eat a bugger. They tend to get caught in your throat!
Old 02-22-2012, 04:50 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of

What! No Mossy Oak or Realtree? Not my type of crowd I guess!

Even my Orvis waders have a nice cattail camo pattern on them.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 02-22-2012, 04:51 PM

riverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really nice

I'm certainly glad us Texans are given a pass on the cowboy hat thing. I'd hate to look like a hillbilly or something.
Well, since it is scrunched up West Texas style and has a permanent sweat ring maybe I do.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:53 PM

rusty 54 will become famous soon enough

I enjoyed that a lot. (not the booger, the article) A couple of years ago, my S.I.L. and I were heading to the rivers. We stopped at a busy rest area and decided we should lock the van because, "there was over $1000.00 of fly fishing equipment in there" Then we realized that for some guys, that would be 1 rod case!
In honor of this we founded the Gentleman's Snobby and Elitist Fly Fishing, Meat Grilling and Liquid Barley Appreciation Society (G.S.&E.F.F.M.G.& L.B.A.S., for short). There are currently 4 active members. We usually roll in a 2000 mini-van, camp at $15.00 per night rustic campsites, catch fish and have a great time.