The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 05:59 PM

drlaser has a spectacular aura aboutdrlaser has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Dress code explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverbilly View Post
I'm certainly glad us Texans are given a pass on the cowboy hat thing. I'd hate to look like a hillbilly or something.
Well, since it is scrunched up West Texas style and has a permanent sweat ring maybe I do.
I'm In Fort Worth you Know that right???
Old 02-22-2012, 06:23 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

I went fishing at the local stream this afternoon (NICE OUTSIDE!!!). Here's a pic of my daily ride:
Click the image to open in full size.

I spent more for the rod and reel on the windshield than I paid for the Jeep! It's a matter of prioritizing.....

BTW...That Jeep is fully loaded, and we do take it off-road. Straight six gas sipping version.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:22 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Paul,

I've known that stuff for a long time, I have managed to fool a lot of people into thinking I was an old salt at this just with my gear

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-22-2012, 09:19 PM

50fish will become famous soon enough50fish will become famous soon enough

I'm guessing I won't make any magazine covers

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]
Rip Tide likes this.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:42 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty 54 View Post
A couple of years ago, my S.I.L. and I were heading to the rivers. We stopped at a busy rest area and decided we should lock the van because, "there was over $1000.00 of fly fishing equipment in there" Then we realized that for some guys, that would be 1 rod case!
In honor of this we founded the Gentleman's Snobby and Elitist Fly Fishing, Meat Grilling and Liquid Barley Appreciation Society (G.S.&E.F.F.M.G.& L.B.A.S., for short). There are currently 4 active members. We usually roll in a 2000 mini-van, camp at $15.00 per night rustic campsites, catch fish and have a great time.
This is a GREAT quote. How can I be a part of said society? I'm pretty sure I'm already a member of the Buffalo chapter, I just did not know we had a name

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 02-23-2012, 09:22 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50fish View Post
I'm guessing I won't make any magazine covers
If you dig out some of the older magazines that's exactly what the "cover models" looked like. And I'm talking about only 20 years or so .
This phenomenon where everyone feels the need to dress alike is relatively new.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:26 AM

sinner is on a distinguished road

Always dress appropriately, gentleman. The nerve.....
Old 02-23-2012, 12:25 PM

Noiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really nice

I didn't realize it until now. I need a fly fishing make-over. There has got to be a trendy salon in the Castro that caters to metro-sexual fly fishers. Gotta look sharp out on the water, proper manscaping and whatnot. Here in San Francisco a lot of the hipsters are sporting handlebar mustaches - that has gotta be a classic retro look while standing in a river.
My first thought while contemplating a trip is,"will I catch the lady fly fisher's eyes?"
So does anybody have 10 grand to help me get started?
Thanks in advance.
"By the time I was a teenager I fit the standard profile of a lifelong angler. I was lazy, shiftless, unambitious and willing to work hard only at things that were widely considered useless." ~John Gierach
Old 02-23-2012, 01:20 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noiso View Post
There has got to be a trendy salon in the Castro that caters to metro-sexual fly fishers. My first thought while contemplating a trip is,"will I catch the lady fly fisher's eyes?"
So does anybody have 10 grand to help me get started?
Thanks in advance.
Uh, getting outfitted in the Castro may generate some interest, but you may slightly miss your target demographic...??
Old 02-23-2012, 02:11 PM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold

metrosexual fisherman witnessed in Boulder!
Click the image to open in full size.

sorry who ever you are, nice keds... Some sorority girl called, wants her glasses back.
He is spin fishing, so hopefully he does not frequent this site, if he does, he needs the fashion article!
Rip Tide and dean_mt like this.