The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 07:10 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dress code explained

Never owned a pair of sunglasses or a baseball cap? Really? milt.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:10 PM

rapid eddy has a spectacular aura aboutrapid eddy has a spectacular aura about

Rip, funny read. I think they were aiming that at me. I did have several laughs though. I'm the guy that dresses in white shorts, white shirt and ragged white bass pro hat and a pair of wading shoes and heads off down in the spring water up to about my waist. Diane is one of the regulars that describes me that way and then she tells her hubby who lets her fish with us guys. "He hammers the hell out of em". It might just be what ya know.
Eddy
Old 05-20-2012, 01:52 AM

fishenfool is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by willki View Post
Funny stuff! Interestingly, it makes me want to buy camo neoprene waders with boots attached, an orange winter jacket at wal-mart, straw cowboy hat, a yellow fiberglass rod from Eagle Claw with foam handle and cheap click reel and go hit the local C and R river and see what happens
Don't be knocking the straw hat. I absolutely love my Stetson Breezer.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:23 AM

okuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to okuma

As for me, my clothing(that's invisible) is either a drab olive or camo color. My hat is camo. $20 polarized shades from Cabela's. Blue stream Cabela's waders(bargain cave). Orvis Encounter II reel(love it as much as my Okuma's) with orange fly line(go figure). Grayish custom fly rod(made by a man I know. St.Croix blank...awesome rod). Leader and tippet are clear and low vis green color. A camo shoulder bag. My cigs.....and of course a black lighter.LOL
IMO. It's better to try blending with the background than being highly visible. Brands,prices, stuff like that is all what the little voice in our head tells us we need.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:46 PM

attila will become famous soon enough

Lol. Man that link was funny and I needed a good laugh.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:36 PM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by okuma View Post
Brands,prices, stuff like that is all what the little voice in our head tells us we need.
Whats that, that we like to have quality and be comfortable?

Last edited by Vans; 05-21-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:24 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Never, ever, ever ...... !! have more than one bit of 'new gear' on you at a time. Rest should be a touch 'shabby.' New Korker boots and rough looking waders are 'ok,' as everyone will scope in on the 'new boots.'

'Wadya think about them new hi tuck buuts Neibor?'

'Feelin' fine for a first go, but boots take time.'

Etc.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:07 AM

cockatouche will become famous soon enough

I remember when I first started flyfishing and bought everything that was "required". First time I went out, I felt like you did on the first day of school, and it took about half the day to get rigged up. At the place I went, there were a couple guys sitting in lawn chairs, drinking beer, and fishing bobber and worms. They had quite a laugh. I suppose it was because although I had all the right gear, I had no clue how to use it.
Rip Tide likes this.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:04 AM

schrederman is on a distinguished road

I waded in jeans and sneakers until my sons bought me a set of nice, breathable waders a few years back... If I'd only known... one really doesn't have to freeze to fly fish...
Old 05-22-2012, 11:31 AM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

well, I just sewed, patched and washed my vest and it didn't disintegrate. The stains didn't come out, but maybe they help hold it together?? Fishpond, Simms and Wm Joseph are just going to have to wait and suffer another decade waiting for me to spring for new stuff.