The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 08:39 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Dress code explained

Style is everything. Skill means nothing.
Don't be mistaken for some hillbilly noob

How to look good
fredaevans likes this.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:51 AM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all
Default Re: Dress code explained

I got blue waders, a rim hat and some old tity boots, But my flies sure work. Looks like I'm not in the club
Old 02-22-2012, 08:57 AM

mack_s is on a distinguished road

Great read!!

Got a link to part 2?? I couldn't seem to find one...
Old 02-22-2012, 09:03 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mack_s View Post
Got a link to part 2?? I couldn't seem to find one...
It's at the bottom of the page
How to act right
fredaevans likes this.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:25 AM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

Funny stuff. Much of which i am guilty of. I am an unabashed gear *****.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:45 AM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold

so true! Big T, the Blue, Taylor, especially the Pan...
Totally explains the judgmental looks anglers give each other.
I fished a very famous C&R last fall. It was snowing on and off, so I wore a huge 1990's columbia down parka. Lots of funny looks at the michelin man...

They didn't mention the lanyard though, I thought that was the cool new jewelry.
Also, you can use a sharpie to hide the Cabela's logo on all that affordable gear, until you save up and remortgage for a sage.

My first waders had built in rubber boots, no wonder nobody would talk to me!
If you really want to be cool, when someone asks what you are using just be really vague, "nymphs", "midges"," a good drift", "dries"

My favorite sun hat is a bit dorky, probably calls out 'NOOB!' from a mile away, but I love wearing that darn hat. Same with camo... might just spell out 'redneck idiot', but it works. Love my camo!

craigslist in colorado frequently has complete setups for sale because some yuppie bought all the right gear, used it about 5 times, and realized that angling is hard/not always fun. A good place to score the right gear at a reasonable price. No joke, complete his and hers head to toe setups with really nice gear.
fredaevans likes this.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Here's my take on the matter-

Barnum was right.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:01 AM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

So I'm guessing that wading in my cut-off bluejeans, with a pair of Teva's on my feet and a fire department tee-shirt and ball-cap probably has me NOT winning any fashion awards?

And I was looking at waders at Cabela's yesterday.... They had a GREAT deal on a pair of neoprene camo waders in the Bargain Cave.... too bad that they were too small for my feet, or they would have come home with me!!

Guess I gotta save-up my 5-cent bottle returns for that new pair of Simms!!!

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 02-22-2012, 10:06 AM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold

^^^^
wasn't sure what you meant, had to look it up.

"The Barnum effect is named after P.T. Barnum, the showman who declared "there¹s a sucker born every minute." He found many ways to separate "suckers", as he called gullible people, from their money.

I'd have to agree.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:14 AM

wabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nice

But I can't find where it tells whether a silk tie or wool tie is preferred.