The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 05:54 PM

texastroutbum has a spectacular aura abouttexastroutbum has a spectacular aura abouttexastroutbum has a spectacular aura about
Default Cabelas CZN 11 foot 4 wt rod

I am thinking of adding this rod to my quiver. I have heard some good things about their 4 wt 10 foot rod, but have not heard anything about 11 footer. I do own Greys Streamflex 4 wt 10 foot and like it a lot. I also know that Greys 4 wt 11 footer is very popular. And yet considering the price difference between Greys (340.00)and Cabelas (200.00) I am leaning toward the latter. Thanks in advance to any opinions.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:28 PM

willki is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cabelas CZN 11 foot 4 wt rod

I've considerd a Cabelas CZN rod as well - I have a lot of club card points on my CC that are getting trigger happy

I can tell you that other Cabelas rods I have fish great. One is the L-Tech (6wt) and the other the HDT (I think that's it - it's the "warm water" rod they have) in an 8wt. Both are very nice rods in feel. I did replace the stripping guides on the L-Tech to go with larger diameter guides but have just enjoyed the heck out of both otherwise. Both are fast. That makes me wonder if all Cabelas rods are fast in action, or faster than you might think... so I'd have that in mind with the CZN's...

So, no specific advice, only a note that the Cabelas brand rods are real solid options based on my experience.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:32 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

The orvis clearwater II is also on sale - $119 for 10' 4 wt at one online store frequent

Addicted To Vise
Old 02-23-2012, 09:04 PM

texastroutbum has a spectacular aura abouttexastroutbum has a spectacular aura abouttexastroutbum has a spectacular aura about

thanks. I will also take a look at Orvis 10 foot rod.