The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Poke 'Em

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2012, 10:03 PM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold
Default 2 for 1

I had wondered if it could happen, catching 2 fish at the same time on a double nymph rig.
Well, it must have been my millionth cast today, because I actually set the hook into two small browns at the same time. One on a #22 midge, the other on a #20 rainbow warrior. Unfortunately, I only got a poor photo with my phone.
Anyone else have this experience?

Despite removing ice from my line guides all day, it was a great day. Caught a nice 15" brookie and several other browns.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:02 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 for 1

...... not on trout, but I've doubled up on stripers
6 casts, 6 doubles in a row one time with little schoolies
One other time I sight cast to a pair of 24" inch fish in the surf. That's something that I intend to never do again, little fish only
Old 02-27-2012, 12:02 PM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

My wife landed 2 browns on the Beaverhead a couple years back, a nice one, and a small 14"er.. both went right along into the net.. no problems
Old 02-27-2012, 12:11 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

I did it quite a number of times on still waters in ireland. Stocked rainbows in winter took both flies, one while i was trying to land the other. Those were fun fights to say the least.

Addicted To Vise
Old 02-27-2012, 06:33 PM

50fish will become famous soon enough50fish will become famous soon enough

I have done it on shad, but not trout.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:31 PM

Poke 'Em is a jewel in the roughPoke 'Em is a jewel in the roughPoke 'Em is a jewel in the roughPoke 'Em is a jewel in the rough

I once caught one fish on two flies at the same time. Fishing a nymph under a dry for bluegills, and a gill took my nymph and must have just continued right on up to hit the dry because it never wiggled before he hit it on top. When I got him in, he had both flies in his mouth.
Rip Tide likes this.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:48 AM

lynch is on a distinguished road

It happened to me once with trout, and once with panfish. It makes for an interesting fight, having the fish pull in opposite directions on the small tippet.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:01 AM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

i have caught two rainbow only once but seneral times i have caught fish with both nymph and fly in their mouth..