The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 09:09 AM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Theory:Reel,Drag,Function

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapid eddy View Post
Over there one can offer his opinion without some feeling that they are demanding that others use or dont use a particular product. Far from it here.
Eddy
Do you even listen to what you say????

The following is an imperative statement, not an offering of an opinion:

"Save your money and learn how to use the rig you have". Sound familiar, it is from your original post. That is not an opinion about gear, or methods, that is an imperative statement to the rest of us. We should be more like you in your wealth of acquired fly fishing "wisdom" that we havn't come to yet.
fryfishingguy likes this.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:26 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Eddy, It's not what you said it's the way you said it.

Dan
Old 03-01-2012, 09:27 AM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

Rapid, it isnt that you advocate a different way. It is that you insulted the rest of us who prefer to use a method you are arguing against.

This site isnt any different than any other sites and differing opinions are welcomed here. I have no doubts if i went over to your car site and started telling everyone there how they have just not learned the right way of doing things it would get the same exact reaction you are getting here.

Especially from a new poster...

There are lots of differing opinions around here but we are all diplomatic about our differences of opinion. Perhaps if you have posted a little bit and got to know us instead of blasting away with both barrels right out of the gate, the replies you would have gotten would have been a whole lot different.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:06 PM

rapid eddy has a spectacular aura aboutrapid eddy has a spectacular aura about

First let me give everyone a chance to take a big deep breath. This will be my last post on this thread. "Diplomatic"? Would that be anything close to "Politically Correct"? I have never been accused of being either. Van, i'll address some of your concerns. "Argueing against"? Fishing is a form of relaxation for myself and doesn't fall into the realm of arguing materials. "And learn to use the rig you have". Not sure where in that statement one would find that i have said that you boys own a piece of junk. Not sure i mentioned the skill level of anyone on any site on any continent. If your the person that has a nice rig but like myself cant afford the reel with gold inlay all over it and the mother of all drags, dont sweat it. Learn to use the one you have. IT IS NOT AN INSULT OR A SLAM ON ANYONE TO USE A DRAG. Hope no one misses that last sentence. It is not my method of pursuing a fish. My method is not the ONLY method of pursuing a fish. I hope the soft hearted can grasp what i'm saying here. You're OK. All is not lost. You more than likely have issues and methods that i can learn from. Bring em on. "Especially from a new poster"? Hows this? "All new posters are allowed to only post statements that are DIPLOMATICALLY palitable to the long time members" Perhaps this should be a sticky for all newbies to read FIRST. That's it for me. I'm headed over to start another post. It will be in the form of a question. No opinion expressed or implied. It will be about flyrod weights that i wish to learn to gain wisdom from those that know.
Eddy.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:52 PM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

No, it isnt politically correct. It is being polite and not condescending. Considering the tone of the responses to your original post, you obviously were, intended or not.