The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 02:58 PM

Didgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to behold
Default Bull Trout Design - Latest Artwork

Hey gang,

Well one of my goals for 2012 is to try and tackle all the Char Family in Canada in one year. I've got a bunch of trips planned to the West Coast, the Rockies, Nipigon, and will also be guiding up north with chances at huge searun arctic char on the Tree River and monster lake trout from Great Bear Lake.

So of course Bull Trout falls under the char family and I wanted to do a drawing of one. While looking for reference photos I quickly realized that not much art is out there of Bull Trout. It's a shame really since they're such a gnarly fish so close to home! The North American taimen!

Here's the design I came up with. I hand drew the fish with watercolor pencils and using photoshop added the background, outer glow, drop shadow, and font.

Click the image to open in full size.

Cheers,
Nick
Old 02-29-2012, 03:10 PM

ted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to all
Default Re: Bull Trout Design - Latest Artwork

Really cool picture! Nicely done
Old 02-29-2012, 05:17 PM

theboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant future

Sooooo nice!!!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 02-29-2012, 05:22 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Great job Nick. You have a really good style there.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:01 PM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all

Nice job, No Black Put it back!!
Old 02-29-2012, 09:01 PM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

That is awesome Didg. I agree, Bull trout dont get a fraction of the respect they deserve. I have made a couple trips to the Metolius looking for Bulls but so far have come home without any luck.

I am fascinated by this big, aggressive native. Oregon dept of F&W has quietly been reintroducing Bulls back into waters they used to call home but lost out to other, more profitable species.

I would like to see them really rebound, but we have to keep our river clean and cold for that to happen.

Again, nice work of art there.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:14 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

outstanding work nick, i love your style.
i love bull trout/dolly varden

casey

ARFE
Old 02-29-2012, 10:01 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

Really nice work once again. Love the design!
Old 03-01-2012, 12:24 AM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light

Get some stickers and I would be more than happy to buy one, or a print even!
Old 03-01-2012, 03:02 AM

auntrout will become famous soon enough

That's a great drawing.