The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 03:56 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why I Hate Waders

Bought my first pair of wader this past fall and assumed all of my fishing woes were now a thing of the past. But of all my friends here on the forum NOT ONE OF YOU posted any helpful hints about the consequences of natural bodily functions once the waders are on. It never occurred to me that eating a healthy portion of corned beef and cabbage prior to donning the waders would have such a disastrous effect on the olfactory nerve. There I am standing in 3 feet of water with a green fog emanating from the top of the waders, surrounding my face like a halo of death.

Ohh yeah...How about the heads up NO ONE gave me about the physiological effect of putting on the waders, getting in the water only to start thinking about going to the bathroom. Should I have gone first, I feel okay, I could go but will wait awhile, now I need to go but will hold out for a while longer....THIS CONTINUES FOR THE NEXT HOUR, I am no longer thinking about fishing but only if I really need to go or is it just in my mind until I finally head to shore for some relief.

Thank for the help guys...

Dave
kglissmeyer1, gt05254 and baseman1 like this.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:03 PM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Why I Hate Waders

LOL!!! If it was Summer, at least it would be taking care of the mosquitos and black flys!!!

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 03-04-2012, 04:09 PM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

I learned three important words; ZIP FRONT WADERS...now I can't live without them
Old 03-04-2012, 04:28 PM

50fish will become famous soon enough50fish will become famous soon enough

That is the one down fall to wearing waders because there are just some experiences best shared with your friends
Old 03-04-2012, 04:59 PM

rapid eddy has a spectacular aura aboutrapid eddy has a spectacular aura about

Big bladders are an asset and make sure it's a fart and not a shart.
Eddy
Old 03-04-2012, 05:46 PM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

Cinch your wader belt real tight and it can help you float if you fall and get you circus gigs.
mcnerney likes this.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey
Old 03-04-2012, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing too is how the green fog will linger in your waders for hours only to be noticed again when you take them off or when you go to sit down and the air rushes out.
mcnerney and jaybo41 like this.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 03-04-2012, 07:37 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Even though we all have a dislike for waders they are a necessity especially in Very Cold Water to prevent Hypothermia,also over the years I have done heaps of Wet Wading,using Rubber Boots & have acquired problems such as Cracked Feet,Toes,Loose Skin,Tinea etc.
So I will stick to my Waders.
Brian.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:44 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
There I am standing in 3 feet of water with a green fog emanating from the top of the waders, surrounding my face like a halo of death.
HELLO!!
That's what's known as a "fish call" ! In other words it's good luck.
The manly thing to do.
piscatorial_phd likes this.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:11 PM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
HELLO!! That's what's known as a "fish call"!
Brings back great memories, Rip Tide! Of the fishing trip when my Grandfather taught me to spit in the water, because it brought "good luck" to fishermen. My mother and grandmother were horrified! My dad thought that it was hysterical! (Not my spitting, but Mom's and Grandmother's reaction.)

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky