The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 07:12 AM

rapid eddy has a spectacular aura aboutrapid eddy has a spectacular aura about
Default Hey Mods.....

.....how long till i can post pics? I see i'm in the MAY NOT on the attachment section. Is there a post count one needs to meet or a time spell?
Eddy
Old 03-05-2012, 04:13 PM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hey Mods.....

I'll just bump this up so someone will see it ; I never knew there was a time/post limit before you could post pictures.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:56 PM

joshw is on a distinguished road

I would like to know also. I can't add a picture as an attachment to my post either.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:26 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Eddy: Have you read how to add photos to threads? If not take a look at this: The North American Fly Fishing Forum - FAQ

Old 03-06-2012, 05:37 PM

mcnerney, thanks for the comeback. I do know how but in the box at the bottom left in the "You may reply" and so on it says " You MAY NOT post attachments". I'll run a test and see if this is just a spoof. I'll read through the link you mentioned again and see if i'm over looking something. Again thanks.
Eddy
Old 03-06-2012, 06:30 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Eddy, you can't post photos directly. You have to host them someplace like photobucket. Then you can post the photo by clicking on the yellow post card looking icon. Delete the highligted whatever that is out of the popup. Copy the address of the photo and paste it in the box and hit enter. If you do it from photo bucket you can copy the bottom link and just paste it in as text. When you submit the post it will come up as a photo. Here I have done both so you can see the text you bracket the photo's addess with to make it come up as a photo in your post.
[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]
If I just pasted that direct address into the text of my post and not inserted it as an image it would not have the HTML code on the sides of the photo. Here is the same photo just pasted in as text;
Click the image to open in full size.
Not to hard once it's explained.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:17 AM

So Dan, i have my pics saved to my hardrive in my documents file and on other forums i just go advanced and hit the browse button and up comes choices. Do i have to save em elsewhere first for this app? I just hit the edit on this post then hit "Go Advanced" and no option for attachments comes up. It still reads "May Not post attachements" I looked over my options for when i registered at the suggestion of Hardy and everything seems to be ok there. Arp is contactong the web on it. I'm still enjoying the site even if i never get to show ya'll my adventures.
Eddy
Old 03-07-2012, 06:39 AM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

Hi Eddy,
try again
That same 'you can not post attachments' is under every of mine post replies and I still put thousands of photos on this forum
Old 03-07-2012, 07:46 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

If I am reading this right, you are trying to post directly from your hard drive, as far as I know, that wont work. You have to upload them to another web server (like photo bucket or something) or to your forum gallery before you can post them in a thread.

d

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:51 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

The NAFFF gallery doesn't work for me.
I upload to a different (more friendly ) forum and the copy/paste to here